Episode 5-law and justice

"It doesn't matter who you are, whether poor or rich, strong or weak. We are all the same!!!! ".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
🎵 Song: change by Charlie puth feat James Taylor.
The day we know we are all the same, together we can make a change. If loving one another is wrong. We gonna make a change"
____________________________________

The room grew silent after Linda's explanation. Her story was a sad one. She was molested by Hamilton's boys but she had no one to tell because no one believed her.

Jeremy cleared his throat and spoke up. "Have you file a report at the police station?" he asked.

"No one wants to listen to me. I went to the station to file a report but they gave no attention to me" Linda sobbed.

Jeremy stared at her with pity. He wondered how she had been coping with the trauma. He couldn't even cope with his family's death. "How long had this been going on? "Jeremy asked.

"4 years now"Linda confessed.

"4 years? Why didn't you tell anyone about it? You could have filed a report and get a lawyer. "Jeremy stated.

Mary chuckled beside Linda and faced Jeremy with a straight face. "Look here mister, I don't know if you've been living under the rock or something. This is mecianda where no one cares about what is going on with you. I know I shouldn't be saying this but three years ago I filed a report on rape and what did they do about it? nothing!!!!. Just last year 12 girls went missing and even when their families filed a report to the police they did nothing about it. This is mecianda where the rich oppresses the poor. "Mary's confession shocked both Jeremy and Yomi, they couldn't do anything but stare at Mary.

"Well, that so bad Mary. I had no idea "Jeremy said.

Mary laughed and shook her head. "It's okay no one wants to hear my boring stories anyways". Jeremy gave her a long stare and read through her, she looked unhappy and that explains her house.

"I'll do everything.  no one deserves such molestation"

"I'll appreciate you sir" Linda cried and Mary pats her back to console her.

"You need to file a report at the police department then we will take the matter to the court. we need more evidence. That video won't prove anything in the court"Jeremy stated

Linda nodded and wipe the tears off her face. "That's all the evidence I have sir. Does that mean my molesters won't get punished? "she asked to make sure they were going to put her rapists to justice.

"Justice will be served. I'll make sure" Jeremy assured.

It wasn't going to be easy since he just got to mecianda but he was going to help this girl get justice because no one deserves to face such trauma. no one!

"I'll follow you to the station tomorrow to file a report" he promised. Just then his phone rang, it was Lisa calling. "Sorry but I have to take this" he stood up and walked to the other side of the room.

"Hello Lisa, a detective? Alright, I'll soon be on my way "he hanged up the phone. As he turned back to the living room a picture caught his attention and he stared at the picture showing a happy Mary with a guy. They looked happy. She even looked happy and different there but now she looked like a mental patient.

"I have to leave now, I have a visitor at the firm. I'll come to you tomorrow and we go to the station. Take care miss Linda and miss Mary." He shook hands with them and walked out of the house into his car with Yomi.

"I feel so sad that someone could face such trauma for so long "Yomi spoke out inside the car. He was pissed that the victims are suffering and the accused are walking freely.