Episode 33-law and justice

"Law without justice is a wound without a cure"

William Scott Downey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the year 2001, Chief Justice Felicia Watson chamber.

Felicia Watson, a white woman in her late thirties walked into her chamber as she had just finished a court session concerning a murder case. Just as she sat on the leather black chair in her large office, she sighed deeply as someone else entered the room.

"Attorney Akinsola," she stood and greet the male lawyer that had entered into her chamber. "Glad to see you are here, how is the case of Daniel olatunde coming up." She asked and offered him a seat.

"The evidence against him is concrete and it could lead to him getting a death sentence. He killed ten people in a day," Abraham Akinsola explained to Felicia Watson who listened with rapt attention.

"That's is so terrible of him. Who is his lawyer?" She asked.

"It none other than Leonard Philip, " Abraham Akinsola with a scowl on his face. It appears he hated the person called Leonard Philip.

"Leonard Philip, " Felecia Watson tapped on the table in the center of the leather chair. "Interesting," she said and continued tapping the table.

"Detective Johnson had gathered enough evidence and when I leave here, I would be heading to meet him. He said he had something to say to me"

"Alright, attorney Akinsola. I'll see you on Friday," Felicia stood up and escort Abraham out of his office.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Abraham walked out of the court of Langose and headed into his car. He started his car and drove along the street. on his way to meet Detective Johnson, he got a call from his wife.

"Hey, love."

"Hey, Abraham. Where are you, Abraham? The kids are asking of you and they wanted to see you." His wife's voice sounded worried over the phone.

"I'll be home over tonight Julian, tell the kids I'll see them tonight." He said and hanged up the phone.

Abraham drove towards a cafe where the detective had asked him to meet him. When he got to the cafe, he parked his car and entered the cafe. He looked around and sighted Detective Johnson, a muscular man who was wearing a red round neck tee, a black face cap, and a pair of blue jean trousers

"Detective Johnson, " Abraham shook hands with him and took a seat opposite him.

"Hello, attorney. Do you want anything?" Detective Johnson asked.

"Nothing detective. What's up, you wanted to see me?"

"Right." Johnson looked around before saying anything. "When I arrested Daniel and gather evidence against him, I found another shocking thing." Johnson looked around again then he moved closer to Abraham and whispered just enough for him to hear. "The people he killed were not ordinary people. They are the Five wings as they are called by others."

"But he killed five people more. Were you able to identify them?"

"The five others he killed were just their guards," Johnson explained. "I think Daniel had a reason for killing all those people. When I arrested him, he didn't look remorse instead he just laughed and told me he was going to get out soon." Johnson paused before he continued what he was saying. "Look, if Daniel olatunde doesn't go to jail then he will come after us. I have two young daughters and I have sent them to my sister's place until the case is over. I'll advise you to do the same."