Episode 23-law and justice

A man dies when he refuses to stand up for that which is right. A man dies when he refuses to stand up for justice. A man dies when he refuses to take a stand for that which is true.

Martin Luther King, jr.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Background music: cold isolation by David fesliyan.

____________________________________
Previously on law and justice

Kayla looked at them with a confused look. She didn't get what Lara was saying. Lara eyed her and took the chance to grab the gun from her hand.

They both struggle as they wanted to be in hold of the gun. Just as they continued to struggle, a loud noise sounded.

BANG!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeremy sighed at the third ringing of the number he was dialing. He had been calling Lara for five minutes now and she was not picking up.

"Do any of you have an idea of where she could be?"Jeremy asked the justice who was waiting patiently for Lara to arrive so they could start the meeting.

(Don't forget that the name justice was a name I created for Jeremy and his alliances)

"She could be in the police station, "Mary said.

"Or maybe she is busy, "Lisa added.

Jeremy nodded at their suggestion and dialed Lara's number gain bug still, she didn't pick.

"Is she aware of the meeting today?" James questioned.

"Yeah, "Yomi replied.

"You guys carry on with the meeting while I keep trying her number. I'll be in my office, "Jeremy informed them and left the meeting room.
*********************

A gunshot went off in Lara's apartment and the gun dropped on the ground. Kayla groaned and moved back a bit. She touched her abdomen and shouted in pain. Blood gushed out of her abdomen into her white shirt.

"What have you done?"Kayla grit her teeth as she touched her abdomen.

"Oh my goodness!"Lara shouted as she realized what had happened. "Kayla, I'm so sorry. Let me help you." she offered.

"Get away from me!"Kayla yelled. She pulled out a pocket knife from her boot and swung at Lara.

"Let me help you, Kayla. If you don't get help now, you will bleed to death. "Lara spoke with concern in her tone and moved closer to Kayla. "Just stay calm and let me help you," she said and moved closer to Kayla.

Kayla did not stop her from moving closer to her. When Lara was closer enough to her, she slashed Lara's stomach with the pocket knife giving her a deep cut.

"Ouch, "Lara groaned and touched her stomach. She sighed as she felt blood flowing out of her stomach.

"I told you to stay away from me!"Kayla screamed and rushed at Lara with the knife in her hand. But before she could reach Lara, she stumbled and fell to the ground.

"Kayla!"Lara called to make sure that Kayla was still alive.

Kayla gasped for breathing and wiped the blood that had to seep out of her mouth with her hand. She struggled to stand up and walked towards the door.

"I will be back and I will kill you," she threatened and staggered to the door. She opened the door and left the apartment.

Lara fell to the ground and wept silently. Kayla was her friend and now she was hurt because of her. She raised her blouse to check the cut on her stomach. Her stomach looked redden as blood continues to flow out. The cut was deep as a result of how Kayla caught her unaware. She sighed and then started crying again. She was losing a lot of blood but didn't care that she was going to die if she bled out.