-WAVE; P.JS (PART TWO)

part two of "wave"
word count; 1062
———
(Y/Ns pov)
"You just exposed yourself."

I gulped. I knew I was as red as a tomato so I glanced away, my eyes wide and my heart beating faster and faster.

There was a small silence between Jay and I, nothing other than crashing waves and singing seagulls were heard.

I gasped as I felt a cold, wet hand on my shoulder. Jay looked down at me with a solemn smile.

I only blushed harder, praying that the slowly setting sun would hide the crimson color deepening on my cheeks. Jay let out a small chuckle, putting his other hand on my other shoulder.

"Jake told me." he said, his eyes staring down at me with something I couldn't tell.

"I'm gonna beat the shit out of him." I said angrily, crossing my arms with a pout. I felt a strong rush of irritation flowing through me. However, it was all pushed aside as Jay held a finger under my chin, turning my head towards him.

I looked into his dark doe eyes while biting my lip. I was nervous but also excited- excited for what's about to happen, nervous for the outcome.

Jays thumb trailed my lips, pulling my bottom lip out from my teeth. Even though I was no longer chewing on it, his thumb stayed put.

Then, as unprepared and unaware as I was, Jay leaned down and pecked  me on the lips. It was a small kiss but heck, it meant so much. My heart felt like it was running a marathon.

His lips hovered next to mine before he fully pulled away, our eyes not leaving each other.

"Y/N, tell me your honest feelings towards me. I want to hear it from you, not Jake." he said, removing his grasp on my shoulders.

"I genuinely really do like you. Jake wasn't lying." I said, brainwashed by Jays beauty.

The said boy looked away, the biggest grin on his face.

"Really, Y/N?" he asked, looking back into my eyes. I nervously nodded.

He placed a firm hand on my waist and pulled me closer, our body's brushing against each other.

"I like you too." Jay said softly, before reconnecting our lips. I smiled into the kiss, my hands trailing up to wrap around his neck.

I slowly pulled away as he rested his forehead against mine. I stared into his eyes lovingly as he returned the favor.

I brought my hand up to caress his cheek as his smile grew.

"Y/N, i've had feelings for you for the longest time."

"I did too, Jay."

"So why didn't you tell me?"

"I'd ask you the same question."

"You answer first."

"Well, I was nervous of rejection. Jake knew the whole time but he didn't bother to help me, dumb fuck." I muttered the last part, Jay laughing slightly.

"Well, I was scared because you were my best friends sister. I didn't want him to feel upset or anything or see me as any less of a companion, or that i'm using him for you. And same vise versa. I decided to try and wait out my feelings for you, but gosh darn Y/N, they never went away." he smirked, taking my hands in his.

"I know it's early, but I really do love you Y/N. For the longest time, I have."

"I love you too, Jay. I love you too."

"What'd you think of the kiss?" Jay said in a silly voice, swaying our linked hands back and forth. I chuckled as he wiggled his eyebrows.

"It was amazing."

"Agreed. Only that I almost broke my back leaning down so far." he laughed.

"Heyyy." I whined. He cooed as he pulled me into a hug, my back pressed against his cold chest.

"I'm sorry, cupcake." he said.

"Holy shit, I literally went to take a fucking piss and instead missed a whole wedding."

My eyes widened at the sound of my brothers shocked voice, however, Jay stayed perfectly calm. He slowly removed his hands from around my waist and instead threw an arm around my shoulders.

"Hey, bro." Jay said, ever so calmly.

"So you guys are official now or..?" Jake asked, swimming closer to us. I looked up at Jay as he turned to me.

"Up to you, cupcake." he smiled. I nodded and anxiously gnawed on my lip, awaiting Jakes answer.

"I can't really complain cause I was the one that started it. Curse my genius ideas of revenge."

"Hey, just don't ever hurt her and you," he pointed at me, "don't mess up our friendship. Got that?"

Both Jay and I nodded attentively. I smiled as I started swimming back out of the water.

"You guys have some bro time, i'm going to go back to my happy place from before I was rudely abducted." I said, earning laughs from the other boys.
———
I sighed at the feeling of the warm sun rays hitting my cold body. I sat up and slid down my sunglasses, watching Jay and Jake throw a volleyball in the water. The ball flew over the water in full speed and ended up almost hitting Jay in the face- luckily, the boy dodged it.

I chuckled at how mad he was and watched him splash Jake dramatically. The brown haired boy angrily chased him, hair dripping of water. He finally caught him and the boys began wrestling as I laughed quietly to myself.

Jay got up from the water and blew me a kiss. I smiled and listened as he yelled something, though I couldn't quite make out what it was. I listened harder.

"I LOVE YOU!!"
———
actually badonking butchering myself this one is so ass AHH