-NOOB; Y.JW

genre; fluff
word count;
note; this is kind of based of an irl situation. there's this new boy in my school and this gut feeling inside me is telling me to talk to him. hes super quiet and isn't friends with anyone as far as i know. he's also appeared in my dreams for the past two nights. i haven't talked to him yet but i'm gonna try to tomorrow.
—————
There's a new boy. I mean, I don't know that for sure, but it's not like i've seen him around the school before. I first noticed him in gym class, aka, my least favorite subject in existence- if you could even call it one.

He had fluffy brown hair with tinted black roots, and the darkest eyes i've ever seen. He was quite short but, still, taller than me. He was awfully quiet, and it was clear he hasn't made friends with anyone in this school.

Not like it's easy. Most, if not all, of the people in this school are toxic and fake. It's quite rare to find someone who you could decently trust.

But this new kid probably doesn't know that yet, and I think it might be my duty to keep him away from it. My gut feeling was telling me to go up to him and introduce myself. I pondered it a bit.

I'm not at all popular but also not in the lowest status. Personally, I'd consider myself middle class. I only had one person who I consider a friend, and that was Heeseung. He's basically my brother from another mother.

Other than him, though, I never really spoke to anyone unless I needed to, and I was fine that way. I was happier than I've ever been.

But something inside me was saying to go up to him. I bit my lip in frustration. There was constantly new kids in our school, but never did I feel like I felt about this one boy.

"YOLO, right?" I whispered to myself. I began walking in his direction, staring at my feet the whole way. Boy, I didn't wanna do this. But some sort of feeling made me question it.

The boy lifted his head up once he noticed I was coming over. He looked at me with wide eyes as a small pout formed on his lips.

"Hi, i'm Y/N." I smiled. I stuck out my hand and watched as he stared at me confusingly.

"What, are you gonna shake my hand or not?" I giggled. I watched a small smile tug on the corners of his lips as he gently shook my hand.

"Yeah, sorry. I'm Jungwon." he said in a gentle voice. He seemed so sweet.

"I'm guessing you're new." I asked, shoving my hands back into my pockets. He nodded, looking back down at his Converse.

"Well, Jungwon, i'd like to take the honor of being your personal tour guide. Can I see your schedule?" I asked. He laughed and handed me the bland piece of paper in his hand.

"It's funny, we have the same exact schedule."

"No way! I guess I actually have a friend to work with." he said happily. I'm not sure why, but hearing him say that meant a lot.

The bell rang and I grabbed his wrist, yanking him out of the gymnasium. A swarm of high school students sprinted around us but I somehow managed to keep my grip and pull the boy to math class.
———
i'm sorry i've been so inactive lately. i've just been having a hard time irl recently and i really need to get my shit together.