-DREAM; Y.JW

genre; ??fantasy fiction??
word count; 769
—————
(Y/N pov)
The thunder clasped louder as you ran. Where? No place in particular. Just away from the forest that grasped all of your troubles, suffocating you until you could barely breathe.

As you ran, your knees grew weak. Your vision went dizzy and you found yourself laying on the dried grass, searching for air.

They finally got you under their control. Any problem you've ever had was now slowly killing your insides as you tried to pull through.

As you lay there at the brink of fainting, there was a boy. He had such evident features, along with fluffy black hair. A couple scars ran along his cheeks as blood gushed from an open wound on his forehead.

He hovered over you. You made eye contact and suddenly, everything around you turned to dust. His scars and wounds faded away as your breathing turned back to normal.

It was like a terrible weight has been lifted off of your shoulders. You felt so safe, so happy, for a reason you couldn't figure out.

He slowly leaned in and-

"Y/N!! YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!" your mom yelled. You're eyes shot open and you sat up almost immediately. You're breathing was heavy and sweat was covering you're face.

"Am I sick?" you asked yourself. However, you felt perfectly fine.

As you finally got up and out of bed, you couldn't stop thinking about that boy in your dream. He ran through your mind all day, as you still remembered every little feature of his.

He ran through your mind so much to the point where you didn't hear your best friend calling you.

"Y/N!" she yelled, pulling you out of your thoughts.

"What's with you today? You've been so quiet." she asked, concern evident in her voice.

"Hey, don't mistake my weakness. No one plans a murder out loud." you said.

"Your mom." she shot. You scoffed at her comeback and rolled your eyes.

"You're comebacks are so weak."

"Like you."

"Shut the fuck up."

"You seem moody."

"I'm not moody, I just have days where i'm simply less inclined to put up with your bullshit." you looked at her with raised eyebrows, chuckling at yourself.

"Wanna go grab coffee?" she said, ignoring your words. You would love to, but you had a project due tomorrow that you haven't even started- on top of that, your algebra teacher assigned an obnoxious amount of homework.

But something told you that there wasn't a choice.

You accepted her offer, smiling gently. She excitedly squealed. The bell rang and the two of you separated, waving goodbye.
———
(Y/N pov)

I waited outside of the school, my
back resting on the cold metal bars of the gate. I was thinking about him again, the boy with the scars.

I tried telling myself it was a dream and that he wasn't a real boy- he seemed to ethereal to be real, anyway.

You finally saw your best friend running towards you.

"Let's go, i'm dying internally and if I don't have coffee right now i'm going to fucking faint." she said. I laughed and got into the passenger seat of her car.

We made it to the coffee shop in no time, choosing a booth by the windows. Light rain drops began to fall, the sound drowned out by the soft music of the cafe.

"Whatcha gonna get?" she asked, scanning through the menu. I shrugged.

The waiter came over and took our orders. My best friend chose a frappuccino of some sort while I just chose a small latte.

"I'm gonna go get us straws." I said. She nodded thankfully as I got off the couch.

I took slow steps, admiring the decoration of the coffee shop. The dark wooden walls and aesthetic interior made the place so comforting.

I finally got to the table with utensils and napkins. There was one straw left.

I made a move to grab it, but another hand touched mine. I looked at the boy and my breathing hitched.

I felt everything around me turn to nothing, just like in my dream.

The boy in my dream...

He had the same black fluffy hair and the evident features, just like the boy in my dream.

He had an intense gaze, just like the boy in my dream.

He threw away all my worries, just like the boy in my dream.

He was just as shocked as I was. His eyes were wide open and his mouth was agape.

"The girl from my dream." he whispered.
———