-WITHOUT YOU; NS.R

genre; fluff
word count; 789
—————
(Y/N pov)
A long night ago, we received a phone call from Nikis father. It wasn't his last, but it might as well could've been. I've never seen more tears stream down his face, it broke my heart. When he looked at me with puffy eyes, I knew it was only instinct to go check up on his father and spend together what could be his last days.

Unfortunately, I couldn't go. I spent all my off-days already and taking 7 more extra wouldn't be fair to anyone of my coworkers. Plus, if I did, there's a rather large chance i'd get fired. So I stayed back, waiting for him to return.

After a solid two months on one of our daily phone calls, he told me he'd be coming back in less than two weeks. His father was doing much better, still not the best, but it was enough.

Pure excitement rushed through me, I couldn't stop smiling for days on end. Now, that day is here.

So here I was, leaning against the wall of the airport as my foot tapped anxiously. I took big breaths as I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face.

Then I heard Nikis plane number get called over the loud speaker. I immediately stood up straight, going up on my tippy toes looking around for any tall, blond, Japanese men that could possibly be the one i'm searching for.

After ten minutes, I starting getting hesitant. There weren't any messages or missed calls from him, making me worry even more.

But then, there he stood.

I dropped my phone and purse and ran to Niki, who dropped his belongings as well and opened his arms out.

I jumped into the hug and clung onto him like a koala bear, tears streaming down my face. Once he heard my soft sniffles, he pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.

He was smiling largely as he looked into my eyes, caressing my face and wiping the tears away with his thumb.

"Gosh, I missed you so much." I said, bringing him into another hug. He kissed the side of my head as he set me down on the ground.

"I missed you more." he said, tears welling up in his eyes as well. I finally pulled away and immediately connected our lips, pulling him into a long-needed kiss.

Lord, how i've missed this. I finally pulled away and laid my head against his chest, resting my eyes. He snuggled to my small frame and sighed deeply.

"I love you, Y/N. I missed you more than words could explain." he said, running a hand down my back. I pulled away as we made eye contact.

"God, you're so beautiful." he said, staring at me with a genuine smile on his face.

"You haven't gotten any less handsome." I said, kissing his nose. He smiled sheepishly and indulged me into another hug.
———
Back at the apartment, we were watching one of our favorite movies. I rested my head on his shoulder, completely forgetting about the movie as I played with his fingers.

He paused the movie as he effortlessly pulled me up on his lap. My back rested against his chest as I snuggled to him. I felt more relaxed than I ever have in the past two and a half months.

"I missed this. I missed you." he said, giving me a tight squeeze. I smiled up at him and caressed his cheeks.

"I missed you too." I said, standing up and taking his hand in mine. I pulled him up and dragged him to the bedroom, yawning loudly.

He chuckled and a low yawn escaped his mouth, too. I plopped on the bed and immediately felt a large weight lay on top of me.

"NIKIII, AHHHH!" I groaned, voice muffled as my face pressed against our white covers. He laughed as he lifted himself off of me, instead laying the spot next to me.

He turned my face towards him and began kissing me all around, earning soft giggles from me.

"I."

Peck.

"Missed."

Peck.

"You."

Peck.

"So."

Peck.

"Fucking."

Peck.

"Much."

Peck, but this time in the lips. It was a soft and meaningful kissed i've been craving during my time away from Niki.

I finally pulled away and laughed as yet another loud yawn erupted from him.

"My sleepy baby." I said, running my fingers through his blonde locks. He smiled as his eyes were already closed. I snuggled into his chest as I fell asleep as well.

Goodnight.
———
i've never God damn ever felt more single