-TEDDY BEAR; K.SN

genre; romance/fluff
word count; 1165
—————
(Y/N pov)
I groaned as the morning sun hit my face. I rubbed my eyes and sighed, looking up at the white ceiling above me. I stared at it blankly for a bit before finally making a move out of bed, preparing to start my day.

I dragged my legs into the kitchen and drank a glass of milk, checking my phone in the mean time. I scrolled through Instagram, realizing today was Valentine's day.

This put me in a bad mood. It was my least favorite time of year since I never had anyone to spend it with. There were a couple boyfriends here and there but the relationships usually ended in a matter of three weeks.

My phone buzzed in my hand. It was a message from Sunoo, my best friend who I may or may not have a serious crush on.

Sunoo 🤡
morning sugarplum :) what's up?

I smiled at the message as blood rushed to my cheeks. I know I looked stupid but I couldn't help it.

You
morning :33 nothing much, just internally crying bc its fucking valentine's day 🥲

I sighed as I placed my phone on the table and reached for another glass of milk, only to be interrupted by the familiar buzzing.

Sunoo 🤡
hey, don't be like that. tell you what, ill make this the best valentine's day of ur life. trust me?

I unintentionally giggled like a four year old, immediately covering my
mouth and rolling my eyes in disgust.
The things this man makes me do.

You
trust you.
Read 8:05 am

I placed my phone back on the table and went to get ready for the day. I was dressed and clean in no time.

I belly flopped on the sofa and sighed, my face pressed against the cushion.

I groaned as I heard knocking on the door, forcing myself off of the couch. I opened the door to find Sunoo in the cutest bear onesie, holding a small box of chocolates.

"Happy Valentine's day, sugarplum."

If someone saw us, they'd most likely think we were a couple. But no, we were best friends, but i'd love to be more than that. I'd confess, but not only am I scared of rejection, but i'm also scared of ruining our friendship.

So i'm keeping my feelings in for now, hoping I don't burst at any sudden moment.

"You're the best fucking friend i've ever had." I said, hurting at my own use of words. I smiled as a red tint grew on my cheeks.

He pulled me into a tight hug. We stayed like that for a while, enjoying each other's presence. He finally pulled away and handed me the chocolates, along with a bag.

"What's this now?" I said, taking the bag.

"We can match!" he cheered. I chuckled at his excitement and let him inside, shutting the door behind us.
———
After changing into the matching onesie, we settled on the couch to watch a movie. Being as picky as I was, we didn't find one until twenty minutes later.

"You look so fucking adorable. My little teddy bear." he whispered. I gulped and looked away, hiding my tinted cheeks.

He threw an arm around my shoulders, surprising me. I didn't complain, though, and instead snuggled in closer. He massaged my shoulder gently, resting his head on mine. I could feel my cheeks turn a crimson red color.

"I'll be right back." I said, escaping his embrace.

"Be back soon, teddy bear." he called out. My red cheeks only grew deeper at his words.

I went into the kitchen, grabbing  popcorn and other snacks. Before heading back to Sunoo, I closed my eyes and rested my head against the wall. I bit my lip, trying to hide the large smile growing on my face. I squealed to myself before taking a deep breath and walking back in the room.

"Oh shit." I said to myself, running back to grab the forgotten snacks prepared on the counter. I came back and sat back in my previous spot, Sunoos arm immediately slinging around my shoulder again. I looked away with a small smile and resumed the movie.

"What are you smiling about?" Sunoo asked with a raised eyebrow.

I was at a loss for words. We immediately made eye contact, and even though I was a blushing mess, my eyes were glued. Imagine looking into your crushes eyes with red cheeks and not having the strength to look away- couldn't be me.

"Uh... nothing." I said, turning back to look at the movie. I could sense Sunoos smirk next to me but I didn't dare look his way. He only pulled me closer as I snuggled back into his chest.
———
The movie finished rather quickly, yet, I don't remember a single thing. I was too busy internally fangirling over Sunoos arm draped over my small frame.

The boy sighed as he took his arm off of me to stretch. I was a little upset at the loss of contact.

"Alright, Y/N, whatcha wanna do now?" he asked, taking my hand and pulling me up.

"Not sure." I replied. His hand didn't let go of mine- instead, he interlocked them and pulled me along to the kitchen.

He slid out his phone and pulled out a recipe for cupcakes. I smiled excitedly, clasping my hands in excitement.
———
Once we placed the cakes in the oven, we got to work on the frosting. We combined the ingredients, stirring aggressively after.

"Why is this bitch so thick?" Sunoo, groaned, trying to mix the ingredients together. I chuckled and took the bowl from him.

After continuous attempts, we finally got the mixture to the decent consistency.

"That should be good enough. Let me
grab the plastic wra-" I turned around, only to see Sunoos face about an inch away from mine. I froze, my cheeks flushing a deep red.

He brought his thumb up to my lips, wiping off a little bit of frosting. However, his thumb stayed in place, hovering over my lower lip.

Then he leaned in and I immediately freaked out. However, all the worries were washed away when he connected his lips to mine. I melted into the kiss, wrapping my hands around his neck. I felt a pair of hands snake around my waist.

Sunoo smiled into the kiss, finally pulling away to catch his breath. He rested his forehead against mine and smiled.

I pulled him in for another kiss to which he easily agreed to. As the kiss intensified, we heard a crash followed by a splat behind us.

"FUCK!" I cursed, throwing my head back in anger. I didn't even want to look at the frosting decorating the wooden floor.

"That'll be fun to clean up."
———
this one took me so long to write bc i procrastinated