-JEALOUS; S.J

genre; BOI I DONT EVEN-
word count; 2017
—————
I watched as a girl clung onto Jakes arm. I scoffed and rolled my eyes in pure disgust. He was visibly uncomfortable: his gaze was all over the place and he plays with his lower lip when he isn't comfy.

As his best friend, Jake, to me, was easily predictable. At this point in our friendship, I knew him better than he knew himself.

I shut my locker a little bit more aggressively than intended as I walked off to my next class.
—————
(Jake POV)
I finally managed to escape the crowd of girls and make it to class. I threw the door open and scanned the room for Y/N.

I spotted her in the corner fidgeting with a mechanical pencil. I chuckled under my breathe and maneuvered around the clots of high school students.

I came up behind her and slapped her neck.

"I like ya cut g!"

"HEY!" she screamed, holding her neck. She kicked my shin and I let out a little yelp.

"Sorry i'm late. I was attacked by a bunch of hungry seagulls." I said, changing the topic. She laughed that gorgeous laugh of hers, and I felt a smile tug at my lips.

"So I saw."

I've never had eyes on a girl other than Y/N. Ever since the day in first grade when she stole my blue marker, I knew she was the one I wanted to be with.

Even if I was a clueless 7 year-old.
—————
(Y/N POV)
I felt my stomach swirl at seeing Jakes toothy smile. I looked back down at my hands, a giddy feeling inside of me.

I felt a shadow hover over me and looked up expecting to see Jake. Instead, I saw a smiley Heeseung. I returned a smile as I waited for him to speak.

I dont know Heeseung to well. We aren't very close, but he's always extra nice and has the best jokes. He's kind of a flirt, but in a good way. He never gets sexual and definitely has a sense of respect.

He's lots of fun to have around, to say the least. But that didn't explain why he was leaning on my desk a couple inches away from me.

"Why hello there." I heard Jake snap. I completely forgot about his presence. I gave him a slap the arm.

"Shut up." I mouthed, giving him a small shove. He didn't get the message and returned to his spot beside me. His expression didn't change at all, in fact, he looked angrier than before.

A small part of me hoped he was angry because he liked me and didn't want Heeseung to get in the way, but I remember his protective nature is the same over everyone.

"Could you give me an honest answer to something, Y/N?" Heeseung finally asked. I shrugged and continued playing with my mechanical pencil.

"Depends, what's the question?" I said, leaning back in the uncomfortable metal chairs. He smiled, readjusting his glasses that were slightly falling down his nose.

"What would you say to a picnic this Friday? I make some stellar sandwiches."

He seemed so excited it almost broke me to respond. I have him an apologetic smile and put my hand on his.

"I'd love to, trust me, but I promised Jake that i'd go fishing with him at the lake. Maybe another time?" It hurt me to reject him like this, but I wouldn't wanna face Jake after plans we've been making for weeks.

Heeseung looked down at his sneakers and gave a small, forced smile. He nodded and looked into my eyes.

"It's alright, I understand! Definitely another day, have fun though!" he waved to us before walking back to his desk.