-LOST; S.J (REQUEST)

genre; (idfk tbh)
word count; 616
requested by @lachimolala789
———
(Y/N pov)
You walked through the park. Everything was on mute as you listened to your favorite song, Given-Taken. You've been obsessing over Enhypen ever since I-Land, a show where you've cried and laughed in almost every episode. It was a rollercoaster of emotions, but in the end, the boys made it.

As you made little hand movements of the choreography (since you memorized it, you intellectual), a cream colored dog approached you.

You knew you shouldn't be touching other dogs, but you still crouched down and let the dog sniff your hand.

She was so sweet but fear was clear in her eyes. She looked skinnier than normal border collies and that worried you.

You tried looking around for her owner, but nobody would be walking on a drizzly Monday afternoon.

Worst of all, she didn't have a collar. Her fur was covered in dirt and various colored leaves. It's like she's been out here for days.

As you stood up and began walking again, the dog didn't leave your side. She rubbed up against your leg, whining and crying, and your heart nearly broke into a million pieces.
———
Did you bring a random dog home?

Yes you did.

You lived alone in a small townhouse, so she was more than welcome. You decided to keep her for the night, planning to hang up pictures and search for her owner tomorrow.

As she gobbled up the food you gave her, you couldn't help but let a couple tears roll down her cheeks. She seemed starved and lonely, and you being the emotional being you are, you cried.

You cleaned out her fur as much as possible and gave her a whole ton of food to satisfy her for the night. She seemed settled and fell asleep in no time as you groomed through her fur. It wasn't very long before you fell asleep, too, right by her side.
———
Three months. It's been three months that you've tried to look for her owner, yet, nobody has come forward. You've kept her for all this time, settling with the name Caramel since it matched the color of her fur.

As you sat stalking Enhypens twitter account, you found a bunch of photos of Layla. It was a post from Jake, talking about how she went missing in the late afternoon a couple months ago.

"Aww, I hope they find her soon. It's been three months."

Then Caramel ran up to you, snuggling in your lap. You pet behind her ears which you found was her favorite spot.

She was doing much better now- she gained a healthy weight and seems happy.

As you returned your focus back to your phone, reality hit you. You looked back at the photos of Layla and then to Caramel, back and forth.

Tears formed in your eyes. Jake was your bias wrecker in all of Enhypen. How could you do this to him?

As you sobbed in your hands, you knelt beside Caramel.

"Are you... Layla, by any chance?" you asked softly. The dog immediately wagged her tail and barked. You began crying once again and sobbed heavily into your hands.

You immediately messaged Enhypen. There's a huge chance they might not even see it, but it's your duty to at least try.

You were determined to bring Layla back to Jake, no matter the consequences.

You sent the dm, trying your best to be as nice as possible. After sending it, you laid down on the couch, grooming through Layla's fur.

"I'm sorry." you said, before falling into the darkening depths of sleep.
———
part two?