-MY MAFIA BOY; P.SH

genre; tbh i dont know BUT IT AINT FLUFF FS maybe angst? action? dunno
word count; 1524
—————
I stumbled backwards, unable to catch my own breathe. I looked up into the eyes of my lover who I no longer saw the same.

"Y-you're an... a-assasin?" I choked on my own words, not being able to believe what I was saying.

He looked down with a sad expression. I didn't have the chance to feel sorry for him since I still couldn't process the fact he's kept this from me for six years.

"Yes... for my fathers mafia. And one day I hope to take over. But telling you this should change nothing, Y/N. We could still be together and be happy-"

"No."

I watched his eyes widen. As much as it hurt to say this, I knew it must be done.

"I cant... I cant be dating a murder, Sunghoon. I wouldn't be able to live with myself." I started to cry. I sobbed into my hands as I grew angrier.

"I'm fed up with you and your constant secrets! Maybe its a sign that it's time to end our relationship!" I screamed. He flinched and stepped back, barely letting a single salty tear stream down his cheek.

I took a deep breathe and made sure I was calm before speaking again.

"Please, just pack up you're things... a-and leave." I said quietly.

(4 years and nine months later)

I walked into the coffee shop I always stopped at before work. I saw Jake standing at the cash register pressing some digits onto the computer.

I smiled and skipped over into the line. After a couple seconds, the person before me stepped to the side to wait for her drink. I leaned on the counter and smiled.

"Hey, Jakey." I said. He looked over at me in surprise but eased once he saw it was me.

"What do you want, valued customer?" he joked. I stood up normally and pretending to think.

"Hmm, the regular."

He chuckled and with a shake of his head, began getting to work.

I sat down on one of the seats and pulled out my phone. Today, a new employee would move into the building. Due to the lack of space, he'd have to be sharing his office with me.

Luckily, the rooms weren't too tiny so i'd be able to manage for a bit.

"Here you go, maam." a familiar voice said, placing the cup of coffee on my table. I smiled and muttered a thank you before quickly bringing the familiar taste to my lips.

"So what's going on? Anything new?" Jake asked, pulling out a chair next to me. I sighed and rested my chin on my palm.

"Not much." I said, not feeling the need to explain my work issues. He nodded and interlocked his hands.

"Well, i've got some news."

"What are you waiting for? I'm all ears." I said, sitting up straight. He chuckled and looked down with a soft blush.

"She said yes."

I felt my heart beat fasten as I stared at him in surprise. My best friend finally asked out the girl he'd been crushing on for months.

"THATS AMAZING!!" I cheered. Jake quickly shushed me.

"I know, and she even kissed my cheek." he said. I grasped my mouth to hold in another scream.

He laughed and stood from his seat, ruffling my hair.

"Back to work. Bye, loser." he teased, walking back to the counter.