-TEACHER; NS.R

genre; fluff
requested by
@_TaeTaeKookies_
word count; 1109
—————
(Niki pov)
I walked into the studio and tossed my bag near the wall. I looked around- Y/N wasn't here yet.

I grabbed my phone and connected it to the speakers, turning on some music. I sighed and plopped down onto the floor, beginning my stretches.

Behind me, I hear the door creak open. I frantically turned in hopes of it being Y/N but groaned when I saw Jungwon.

The boy gave me a confused look and raised an eyebrow.

"Dang, hello to you, too."

"Sorry hyung, I thought you were Y/N." I pouted, continuing my warm up.

"Ouch."

"I meant, I want Y/N to come."

"Oh yeah, cause you have a big, fat, crush on her?" Jungwon teased, sitting next to me on the floor. I rolled my eyes but didn't argue.

"She's 17, Niki. You're only 15. The chance is slim." Jungwon explained. I huffed. I knew all of this and I didn't wanna hear it again.

Right then, the door opened. I looked at the large mirror and saw Y/N walk in behind us.

"Y/N-ah!" I cheered, getting up and greeting her. She laughed and placed her bag on the ground.

"Hello, sunshine." she said, looking up at me. She frowned and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Have you gotten taller?" she groaned. I chuckled and pointed at my high tops.

"Those only raise you up like half an inch, silly. You've grown much more than that." she said sadly. I chuckled and ruffled her hair.

She stared at me with wide eyes as I tried to process what I just did.

"Sorry..."

"No, it's alright."

Suddenly, it got quiet. The awkwardness between us made me cringe.

Jungwon, who was stretching on the floor next to us let out a sudden snort. We looked at him oddly as he waved his hands apologetically. His laughing got louder as he held is stomach in agony.

I glared at him but that just made it worse.

"Alright, phsycho, get up." Y/N said, gently kicking him in the leg. He stood up behind her and I stepped next to him.

"Warmed up enough?" she asked, turning to us. We both nodded and she gave us a thumbs up.
—————
Practice seemed to go on forever. Luckily, Y/N gave us many breaks in between. I always loved how she put herself in other people's shoes. She's caring like that.

"Alright, boys, that's a wrap." she said, turning the music off. Jungwon sighed a sigh of relief as he fell to the floor.

"As tired as I am, I feel like we got a lot done today. Thank you, Miss Y/N." I smiled.

"Oh please, Niki, don't call me that." she chuckled. I snickered along and began packing up my stuff.

"Anyone wanna go grab ice cream with me?" she said.

"Ooh, I'd love too, but you caught me at a bad time." Jungwon said. Y/N nodded and once she turned away, he winked at me.

I smiled and mouthed a small "thank you". With a salute, Jungwon said his goodbyes and left the dance studio.

"I mean... I dont have any plans..." I said. Y/N grinned, making the butterflies swirl in my stomach.

"Perfect! Pack up faster, sunny." she said. I smiled to myself happily, I loved that nickname.
—————
"Thank you, have a great day!" Y/N said. The cashier smiled and waved to us as we left the shop.

She stared at her scrumptious ice cream and then at me.

"Where should we go?" I asked.

"I dunno, any ideas?" Y/N replied, taking large spoonfuls. I laughed to myself and remembered that the walk to the park is not too long from here.

"The park is like a ten minute walk. How about that?" I offered. Y/N nodded, as she couldn't talk because of her stuffed cheeks.
—————
I'm thankful for the walk we had. Although it was short, we talked about a lot of stuff. It made me feel closer to her, if i'm being honest.

We found a nearby bench and decided to settle there.

"The weather is perfect today." I said, staring up in the sky.

"Mhm." Y/N agreed.

We stared up at the bright blue sky, lost in the clouds.

"I remember when we were like you." a gentle voice suddenly said. Startled, Y/N and I looked in front of us to see an elderly man with a cane staring right into our eyes.

"Who do you mean, sir?" Y/N asked.
The man smiled and held the locket hanging off his neck. Inside, there was a picture of a young couple, who I assumed was the man and his wife. It was a gorgeous necklace that must've cost a ton.

"My wife and I." he said, staring at the locket. Although he was smiling, sadness was clear in his eyes.

"I'm... so sorry." I said. He looked at me and grinned.

"You know, we had the same hair." he chuckled, taking his cane and motioning to my head. I chuckled and ruffled it.

"Please, sit." I offered, standing from my seat. He shook his head with the same soft smile.

"I'm alright, thank you."

"She must've been a wonderful woman." Y/N suddenly said. The man sighed.

"She was. I met her in math class, you know. She was my teacher." he said. I looked over at Y/N who was already staring at me.

"She was 24 when I was only 17. But after graduating, I learned age is just a number."

I secretly snuck my arm around Y/Ns shoulders. She noticed but didn't resist.
—————
(Y/N pov)
As I lay in bed, I pondered about what the man said. They had a seven year difference while Niki and I only have two.

Although it did ease my anger about catching feelings for him, many thoughts ran through my head.

Wouldn't it be weird?

Would it get me fired?

What would Jungwon feel? Would it be awkward?

Then it hit me. I'm wasting my time thinking about the bad when I could think about the good. It was no use caring about what others might think.

I sat up in my bed, knowing I won't be able to get any sleep tonight.

I knew I would regret it in the morning, so I quickly grabbed my phone off the nightstand and clicked on Nikis contact.
—————
GUYS I CANT THIS IS SO BAD I WROTE THIS LIKE LAST YEAR HELP