-TIRED; PJ.S

genre; fluff
word count;
request for; @Deelyn1234 I added some tweeks but i hope this is alright :)
———
I was drained. All the energy I once had was fully used up in the long hours I was gone. I could barely lift my eyelids as I fiddled with the door knob. I listened for the neighborhood dogs' familiar yelps but reminded myself it was past midnight.

The sound of my jingling keys began to frustrate me as I couldn't get the door to open. Just as I was about to pull them from the keyhole and try the back, the door flew open.

(homie was abt to try the back door by stray kids lol 🤭)

There stood a tiny Y/N, covered in her favorite blanket I got her years ago on her birthday. Her hair was forced into a messy bun and she wore an oversized One Direction shirt she originally got me.

(hopefully zayn malik's face)

Although it was dark her eye bags were clear. Tired was practically written on her face and even in this state she looked ethereal. Suddenly, a wave of guilt came over me. Have I been keeping her up this late?

I shut the door behind me as I gently flung my shoes on the mat. I threw my bag on the floor without a care in the world and sat on the couch. I could barely lift a limb.

"I missed you so much." I said, more so muttered. I opened my eyes just barely to see Y/N waddle over to the couch with a smile. She sat next to me and, out of instinct, I fell onto her lap.

I felt my head settle between her thighs as her fingers groomed through my hair. She hummed a bit of "The Truth Untold" by BTS as I cuddled closer to her.

(TREE TONG TONG)

Suddenly the humming stopped as I heard Y/N let out a huge yawn. The familiar feeling of guilt overtook my emotions and I sat upright.

"I'm sorry for making you stay up this late, Y/N. I'd much rather you sleep, love, don't wait for me anymore."

"Don't apologize- I made myself stay up. I'm literally incapable of falling asleep without you by my side, Jay."

I smiled idiotically at her words. I took her chin and inched her closer, planting a small peck on her forehead.

"I love you."

"I love you, too. Now let's sleep." she said, taking my hand and pulling me up. I used whatever strength I had left to stand up with a grunt.

I didn't bother changing out of my smelly clothes as I fell on the bed next to Y/N. I knew she wouldn't mind since this isn't the first time i've done this.

My head settled on her belly and her fingers got tangled in my hair once again. See, this is what I looked forward to every day. Being with the love of my life and connecting on levels like these.

I heard her whisper a small "I love you" as my eyes began to slowly fall closed. I had no strength to reply as I was swallowed into a much-needed sleep.
—————
i literally had an anxiety attack right before i wrote this

i also wanted to share this gem that i accidentally screenshotted while rewatching my fave enha video of all time hes so cute brb imma go cry 🏃‍♀️

hes so cute brb imma go cry 🏃‍♀️