-WAIT ON ME; P.JS

(YALL I HATE THIS ONE SO MUCH AHHH also it's my birthday today :)) vibez)
genre; angst, fluff
word count; 1287
note; this song is one of my favorites from when i was younger. this story isn't perfectly similar to the lyrics, but i still hope you enjoy :)
—————
Y/N leaned against the wall of the bar, tugging down her little black dress that she utterly hated. She felt uncomfortable with the various sweaty and drunk bodies surrounding her.

Her sweaty hands grasped her drink tightly as she gnawed on her lip nervously.

Suddenly, she felt a comforting arm snake around her waist.

She turned and smiled at her boyfriend, who was sparing glares at every man who looked our way.

"You can leave them alone, you know." Y/N said over the blaring music.

"Pfft, no." Jay said, pulling Y/N closer to his chest. Her drink sloshed as she was abruptly pulled into her boyfriends embrace.

They stayed like that for a bit, snuggled into each other. Y/N groaned quietly as her head began to ache. She held it gently and hissed at the growing pain.

"Can we go home now?" Y/N asked, playing with a loose thread on Jays shirt. He hummed and squeezed her shoulder gently.

"I'm gonna run to the bathroom really quick." he said, stepping away towards the men's room. Y/N nodded and placed her drink next to the bar. She watched her boyfriend get swallowed up in the crowd of people.

He froze for a second, turning around and jogging back to her. Y/N raised an eyebrow at his strange behavior.

"Go piss so that we could get out of here." she said smiling. Jay chuckled and took her hand in his. Y/N shivered at his rough but gentle touch.

"Yeah, I would if there weren't a bunch of horny college students out here." he said, looking around and glaring at a few of them.

"Don't be silly, go." Y/N ushered, pushing him towards the bathroom. Jay hesitantly bit his lip, finally managing to step away. He looked back at her countless times, more than Y/N could count.
———
Jay stepped out of the bathroom, shoving through the helpless figures on the dance floor. It smelled of sweat and cigarettes- pretty disgusting.

He felt his own head began to throb, placing a heavy hand against it. He clenched his teeth and continued walking, accidentally bumping into a couple people.

He finally stumbled over to Y/N, only to find her sitting on a stool with a visibly drunk man next to her.

He had dark hair, droopy eyes, and his face showed no emotion. He held a bubbly bottle of alcohol in one hand and held Y/Ns chair with the other.

Jay watched with squinted eyes as she laughed, not making eye contact with the man at all. She didn't seem too happy and scooted away a bit, but he looked past that. All he cared was that he sees his own girlfriend laughing with another man, feeling only pain in his heart.

Furious and visibly upset, Jay jogged over to her and took her wrist.

She gasped of surprise but didn't resist. She followed him out of the bar but not before waving goodbye to the strange man.

This made Jay angrier than before and his grip on the girls wrist tightened. He rolled his tongue in his mouth, taking angry steps out of the bar.

He felt Y/N shiver at the cold breeze, the tiny flakes of snow beginning to fall harder. Jay stopped in his tracks and let go of her wrist, slipping off his black leather jacket and slipping it on her small frame, instead.