-MATH CLASS; S.J.

genre; fluff
word count; 710
—————
I sat in my desk, wiggling my pencil in between my fingers. I felt my eyes tiredly begin to close and I struggled to keep them open. I dug through my bag until I found a Jolly Rancher- this should keep me somewhat awake until lunchtime arrives and I can buy myself some decent coffee.

As the teacher wrote some things on the board, I couldn't help but shift my attention to a certain boy across the room.

He focused intently on the lesson, his eyes opening big as he nibbled on his lip. He, too, was slightly playing around with his pencil.

I watched as he'd occasionally blow threads of hair away. It was funny how they'd just return to fall in front of his eyes, no matter how strong the gust.

"Mrs. L/N, since you're just so intrigued in this lesson, would you like to tell me the answer for number four?"

I quickly shifted my gaze before the boy could catch me staring. I felt my cheeks flush red in embarrassment as I turned to the right page as quick as I could. Panic set through me as I felt the whole class stare me down. I skimmed the page, searching for the problem.

Finally finding it, I stared at the numbers completely bamboozled.

"I u-uh, i-it's uhm..." my eyes fell to the ground. My leg tapped anxiously against the carpeted floor.

I scanned the room to look anywhere but into my teachers eyes. Somehow, some way, I was met with the same boys blazing stare. I felt my face redden even more- if that was even possible.

He had a small smile on his face once our eyes met. He cocked his head and raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, Y/N, what's the answer?" he announced. I heard a couple students snicker around me and I felt like an idiot. Now even my own crush was making fun of me.

I got up and left the classroom in no rush at all. I wasn't running like those anime girls usually do- simply, I zipped up my bag and solemnly walked out.

Outside the door, I was met with a feeling of not just embarrassment, but sadness. Tears made my vision blurry as I sniffled to myself. I tried to hold it back but, with a glance left and right, I slammed into the lockers and cried.

I tried my best to stay quiet, but it's hard to do that when you just embarrassed yourself in front of not just your whole class, but your crush, too.

I was interrupted by the bell ringing and I quickly wiped my face with my sleeve. I refused to look at any of the students leaving the room, but none of them seemed to care.

Just as I thought they were all gone, I felt a gentle nudge against my shoulder.

"Hey."

I recognized that voice better than my own.

"Hello? Anyone in there?" he chuckled, softly knocking on my skull. I stayed quiet as the sadness overcame me yet again.

"Nothing? Really?" he said. I sniffed to stop my runny nose.

"Hey, don't cry, please." he said worriedly. Not going to lie, it made my heart flutter. Just a bit though.

"Look, i'm sorry. I didn't mean to embarrass you, I just wanted to fuck with your head a little bit. You're quite an obvious starer." he said. I turned to him in surprise. No way he caught me staring.

"You knew?"

"Y/N, i'm pretty sure people in Russia could feel how hard you were staring." he laughed. I looked back down to the floor in defeat.

"I'm teasing, I promise." he added.

"How do you even know my name?" I asked, our eyes meeting again.

"Oh, right, i'm Jake." he said, leaning against the locker next to me. I smiled and nodded, looking back at my shoes.

"Why do you look down so much? What's there to see?"

"I-I dunno. Nothing, really."

"Well then look up, it's much prettier up here. Especially if you're looking into a mirror." he winked.

Here we go again.
———
been a while 👹☝️