Our Little Angel

For the passed 4 years of being together with Kaito,  Shinichi never knew that this is what true happiness feels like. Their story that started off as fated rivals which ended with them going out with one another, he couldn't asked for more since both of them were already satisfied with having each other... not until he saw how Kaito's attention being stolen by something else. It never once crossed Shinichi's mind but now that he has finally became aware of it, it has became a difficult situation that for the first time in a while, he didn't know what to do. 

It was dumb to think that Kaito wouldn't want his own kids in the future. He thought he was all that Kaito needed but... now that it finally cross his mind, he wanted to have one as well... Kaito's child but,

"How can a man like me bear his offspring?.."

Shinichi felt stupid, even to the extent of researching about it on the internet if it's possible for a guy to became pregnant when he, himself, knows that it's impossible.. He just feels so hopeless right now that he wanted to do something that will make Kaito happy. Letting out a sighed, Shinichi closed his laptop then lied down on their bed. His Lover is currently out doing a magic show so he has all the bed for himself tonight... 

Placing a hand onto his abdomen, he chuckled painfully while muttering under his breath.

"Who knew I'll wish I was a girl instead of being a guy..."

***

"Shinichi have you been feeling alright?? I heard from Takagi-keiji that you nearly let the culprit get away yesterday." Kaito asked. From his voice alone anyone can tell how worried the magician is for his lover. He knew that for the passed few days, Shinichi has been hiding something from him. He didn't know what and why but Kaito is sure that it's something that's been weighting down on his Metantei. He wanted Shinichi to open up on his own free will but he couldn't bear to see the misery hidden beneath those ocean blue eyes that he loves anymore. 

Shinichi couldn't looked at his lover in the eyes. He knew that once he sees those pair of blue sky he adores, he will surely tell him everything. He didn't want to admit it but ever since that day, he's been distracted to the point of making such a mistake. He wanted to directly asked Kaito so that he can finally feel at ease however.. 

"I'm... scared."

What if Kaito didn't want to be with him anymore? Because he couldn't give him a child they can cherish and loved.. what if all this time, Kaito has been hiding what he truly feels towards him? Shinichi didn't want to hear those words coming out from his Lovers mouth so... he did the most ridiculous thing that even himself couldn't believed he'll ever do in his life.

Facing Kaito with such a blank expression that took Kaito aback, he blurted out the words he never knew he would ever say while staring directly at his lover's eyes.

"Kaito, Let's break up."

***

It has been a week ever since that day and honestly? Shinichi hasn't been alright. From constantly messing up in the middle of solving a case to nearly getting hit by a car while crossing the road. If it weren't for Hattori who was always there to accompany him, he would've been on a hospital bed by now. Shinichi knows that he brought this upon himself and he shouldn't even have the right to feel miserable when he was the one who broke Kaito's heart but... who knew it will be this hard to go back to his old life where his beloved magician isn't there anymore? 

Letting out a sighed, he fixed his gaze to the open window in the library where he is currently at. It's already night time and around this time Kaito would be knocking on his door, saying that dinner is ready but he knows the voice his been longing to hear will never call him out. When they broke up that day, Kaito never spoked a word and just nodded. He didn't asked for an explanation nor even protest and just.. left. Deep down, he wanted Kaito to be angry and refused the break up but...