Her[?...]

Shinichi's Point of View

I made a mistake. A mistake that will forever remain and will hunt me every night... how could I let such a thing happened? I was supposed to be the one who will be the last to stand, the one that cannot be waver with anything but... how can your presence alone make me weak to my knees? How can your gaze alone make me conscious of the very being that I am and... how could you make me fall for you and left me there hanging?..

Every single day that passes by, I was always brought back to that moment when we were still rivals, duo that will give each other a hand in the face of danger... I missed those moments Kid. It was foolish, crazy even, to think that a detective like me will submit to a Phantom Thief like you.. just what did you do to make me feel such affection towards you? 

Did you know? I still think about it till this day. When you said your final goodbye after revealing your true identity but I stopped you... why did you respond to that kiss? You said it was in the heat of the moment but I know that it's not true, you wanted it as well... but something's holding you back from doing so. Am I really just a part of Kid's existence? Can I...

"Can I really not be part of your world, a world where you're called Kuroba Kaito and I'm called Kudo Shinichi? Or am I just really the Kid Killer in your eyes?.."

***

Everything was answered when I saw you once again. She's beautiful, Kaito. A splitting image of the girl that I let go in order to let the new love that is growing within me bloom, a love that you didn't acknowledge. How can I let the possibility that you love someone else slip out of my mind? I was too confident that you would love me back, that maybe you felt that spark as well. But I was wrong.

I thought with the knowledge that you have regarding the real identity of your rival, you will at least feel something but I guess I was getting too full of myself... Then what about me? What will happen to these feelings that you left? Will you just let it withered away on its own, leaving a scar that will be a reminder of my love for you? 

Yes.

The smile and gazed you gave me when I saw you two was your answer. Those guilty and apologetic look was your answer to the love I feel towards you. You wanted me to move on, to forget that these feelings ever existed but you know what? I got the perfect revenge for you, I don't even know if it's called revenge but...

"I will let these feelings grow day by day until the time comes where you will regret it, making me love you."

But never in my life will I regret it, falling for you was something I never knew could feel this painful yet... warmth.

***

A/N: ;)