Childhood Promise (Part II)

"The time has come. Once my dear metantei has fully healed, please come to Ekoda. I'll leave a clue for you to decode. Please do get well soon."  -Kaitou Kid Sign

Reading the note Kid left last night again and again made Shinichi both excited and anxious. So it wasn't a dream after all... well Heiji did teased him for hours when they read the note but he still couldn't believe it. Its already been 4 years since the last time he saw the magician, after taking down the Black Organization Kaito Kid disappeared. He was too busy after returning back to his original body that perhaps Kid didn't want to bother him,  Shinichi thought that it's for the best but deep down he knows, he wished he could've at least say goodbye before disappearing on him like that. Yes they were only rivals but he did share a great bond with him, whether its during a heist or a case they're working together with. 

"A detective like me falling for a phantom thief like you, how ironic." Shinichi whispered under his breath. As he continues to stare at the note while laying down on the sofa of his library, Heiji and Ran watched from the slightly opened door, both worried for their dear friend's soon reunion with his beloved Kid. Ran already has an idea on another reason why Shinichi's feelings for her completely changed, she already has a hunched that someone stole his heart without the detective himself noticing it but who would've thought the phantom thief was the one who captured Shinichi's heart? Though there is something that's been bothering her for awhile.

"How about the boy he meet 15 years ago?" Ran whispered gaining the attention of the Osaka Detective next to her.

"What do ya mean by that??"

"Uhm.. you see.."

***

[Flashback]

(Elementary Year)

"Ehh?! There is someone already waiting for you? Like couple?"

"What are you saying? We're not dating! There's just.. a promise that was made so.. maybe kind of like that?"

Seeing the blushed on Shinichi's face was a rare sight for Ran, especially when all the boy had shown was being arrogant and acts like an adult. If someone else sees his expression, anyone can tell that the boy he spokes of is very special to him. Is it possible to be this attached to someone who is far away? Maybe.

"Then does that mean you like him? Like Otou-san(father) and Okaa-san(mother)?"

"B-Baro I don't know!... why are you asking me that anyway?" 

Hmm.. she doesn't know either, maybe because she wants to know more about the cause of Shinichi showing a different side of his when it comes to the boy he meet?  

***

"Ho~ so that idiot already meet someone before. Then? Did they meet each other again like back in middle school or high school?" Heiji asked curiously. If there was already someone who's waiting to take his heart away, why did he let a thief have it instead? Wait.. could it be that-

"He already forgot. A little before middle school, he slowly forgot about the boy in his childhood. I never asked anymore since the last time we talked about it he got pretty upset." Ran said while glancing at the already sleeping detective. During those times when she asked about the past, Shinichi would either act defensive when an affection was involved in the conversation regarding the boy or act like he didn't care much but when she asked again when they're nearing their elementary graduation, his responds changed.

" 'Can you please stopped talking about the past? It was just a childish promise, we were young back then...' That's what he said then after that I never once tried to mentioned it again."