Cursed Love[?]

Ever since the moon has turned into a shade of red 2 years ago, Shinichi has been having a strange dream every full moon. It wasn't a troublesome dream of murder or anything disturbing like that, it was something about him and a strange yet familiar guy. He tried remembering what he look like but to no avail, the shadow concealing the identity of the man never left in each dream. However, what Shinichi doesn't know is that his Lover is also experiencing the same  strange phenomenon. 

Kaito remembered the dream perfectly with no details forgotten but he was still confused and curious as to how and why he is having such a dream. Does Shinichi also experience this? It's already been 2 years since it happened but he never said anything to the detective, knowing that he might think that it was just a dream or something that shouldn't be taken too seriously. But now, as the red moon shows itself again, it was no mere dream after all.

Standing in front of the huge window of their bedroom, Kaito reached out his hand to the moon that is scarlet red from the red blood moon occurring. As the clouds finally disappeared like curtains and revealing the beautiful moon, the hue of indigo in his eyes changed into crimson. The sound of a mug shattering was heard in the room when Kaito turned around to see Shinichi staring back at him with a shocked expression written on his face. He, too, also shared the same hue of crimson in his eyes but he didn't give it much thought as he continues to stare at his detective lover. 

Shinichi didn't utter a word and remained standing by the door, staring at his lover which now possessed a captivating crimson eyes with the red blood moon shining brightly behind him. The longer he stared at his eyes, the more the dream that he has been having becoming more clearer and vivid. 

"The dream, the man, us...  "

It was their past life.

"Kai...to?"

The soft whisper of his name coming from his Lover didn't escaped his ears as he gives Shinichi a soft smile. Taking a few steps forward, Kaito kneeled down and grab ahold of his left hand, placing a soft kiss on it.

"You called? Your Majesty."

***

[Flashback]

(Past Life)

Throughout the generation of the Kudo Family, an Emperor is chosen without fail however, there was a cursed that was passed down to each ruler which Shinichi wasn't able to escaped from. He never wanted to rule over, he wanted to be free, to be a normal person without a huge responsibility of leading but he was an only child, he needed to fulfill his duty and.. reluctantly he did. 

Right after his father passed away, he ascended the throne and was hereby announce as the new Emperor. The caused of the previous Emperor's death was because of the curse, a curse of death which wasn't well described since the past ruler's died in different ways and in different age. It was only known to be cause by the said curse when they discovered the unusual crimson eyes of the past rulers. Will he able to escaped from this? Or will he also have the same fate of dying without receiving the freedom that he wanted?

"It's already been 5 years since I ascended the throne, will such a curse really end my life?"

Shinichi let out a sign as he closed the scroll he was reading. He needs to stop thinking of it, as if waiting for it to take his life when he still has so much to do as an Emperor. Getting up, he placed the scroll in a shelf with the rest and went out of his office to get some fresh air. As he walks out of the Imperial Palace, he couldn't helped but hoped for another escape. He longed to go outside where the commoners lived and enjoying their life however, now that he's the Emperor, it will be a disgrace to do such a thing.