Shelter

[Disclaimer: This Oneshot is inspired from the short film 'Shelter' by Porter Robinson. There are some parts where I changed it so don't expect it to be exactly the same as the short film~]

Kaito has been living his life in this world as far as he could remember. A world where he can control everything with the use of a tablet and a pen, drawing the type of world he desires but as good as it might sound like, the feeling of loneliness can never be replaced with the power to control this world he didn't want. He doesn't know if there is also someone like him, someone who can accompany him and build a world where it's only for the two of them. But no matter where he looks, there's nothing but only him and the world he created.

Watching the empty message on the tablet, the only thing he's certain is the day everything came into existence in this little world of his. 

3255 Days.

It's been more than 8 years since his existence here came to life. Kaito doesn't have any memories of how he got here, only the tablet, a small room and the vast white canvas of an empty world, waiting for its creator to form a beautiful art with his hands. Kaito can draw anything that he desires however there was an exception, he couldn't draw another being like him. If he did, this world will only make out a shaped of it from a rock or a plant based from what the world he created is all about. 

The first time he opened his eyes in the small room which provided a bed, bathtub, and other necessary things like his clothes and the tablet, nothing else was there except for him. It took him about 3 days to learn that the tablet he possessed controls the empty world around him, which he greatly regretted as a child when he drew a not so entertaining and disturbing world he once saw in his dreams.

Letting out a sighed, he sat up from his bed and let out a yawned while stretching his arms up in the air. His daily life begins with taking a bath, changing into some fresh clothes and then, the magic begins. After taking a bath and changing into a plain loose blue shirt and grey pants, he sat crossed leg on the blue sheet covered bed and grabbed the silver tablet and pen. After thinking for awhile, he starts drawing causing the world around him to changed. 

From a plain white world, everything changed into a vast meadow with a field of different types of flowers, a river, a giant tree and finally, a cliff beside a high waterfall. The giant tree is placed by the end of the cliff with a blanket placed underneath it and a bunch of pillows.

Satisfied with his creation, Kaito stepped out of the small room and walk towards the tree with the tablet in hand and lied down on the blanket covered ground. Sleeping would only be a waste of time which is why he sat right up and grinned widely as he starts drawing something. 

After its done, a group of white flying creature (dove) starts appearing around him where they're happy to see their master again. This is one of the few things he discovered upon having a strange dream in his sleep. He may not create another being like him but he could make the ones who are a bit different from him, animals from the book he found in the room he's confined in.

It's only been a few hours before he started getting sleepy with the doves resting on his shoulder and head, yawning as he finally lied down on the soft pillows surrounding him and then, right before he could close his eyes and let the tiredness take over him, he hears a voice.

"Kaito."

A gentle whisper of his name was what he heard causing him to sit up straight, looking around to find the source of the voice but despite circling around the tree and peeking down to the cliff, he didn't find anyone. Strange, was he hallucinating? Or was it caused by the world he created? No, for the passed 8 years of being here, it never once created any sound that will form words, moreover a name he only knew from the tablet he's holding.