Hidden Identity [ShinKai] (Part II)

"You think I did the right thing by running away without saying a word to him?"

"It is better than revealing yourself to him in that situation, and I think you are far more worried about what was behind you at that time."

Shinichi, currently as Edogawa Conan, is now inside Professor Agasa's Beatle driving off to head back to Hakase's house can't protest since she was right. There was just something about what Kaito saw behind him that made him want to go back and check up on him but he can't. Just what was it that made Kaito so frightened back then? He had never seen his lover that scared in his life before.. 

"Kaito, I hope you're not doing anything life threatening."

***

[Flasback]

Shinichi and Kaito couldn't focus on who and where they should be more worried for. Shinichi, who's afraid that he'll return back to a child with his lover in his arms or to find the cause that's making his lover show such a distress look on his face. Kaito, who's afraid that his detective lover will figured out his alter ego as Kaitou Kid if he sees his bloodstained suit or to Shinichi who's clearly in so much pain right now. Time is ticking and they both decided to disregard the latter no matter how much they wanted to choose it, they needed to make a painful decision in order to protect the other.

Kaito hurriedly got off Shinichi excusing himself as he quickly went to the closet, Shinichi getting up from his seat as he quickly made a run for the front door whispering an apology to his lover. Doors where slammed opened and closed, the silent in the house, the curses under Kaito's breath and Shinichi's panting as he leans on the front door. Both were feeling so pathetic right now, whispering painfully under their breaths,

"If only I could tell him..." 

At the last minute, Shinichi hurriedly made his way to a dark alley where Professor Agasa and Haibara is waiting for him inside the Beatle just in case the antidote wears off. Opening the door, the tiny scientist draped the blanket on the detective as the Professor droves off, muffling the painful scream of the detective with the sound of the engine.

Catching his breath, Conan sighed as he looked at his tiny hand with his clothes loosely hanging on his shoulder, feeling disappointed that he can't even do much as to take care of Kaito. 

***

[Present]

Kaito who's back at his house is currently washing his bloodstained suit, already regretting that he should've had been more careful but he was too excited when he suddenly found out Shinichi was paying him a visit. He was supposed to wash his suit earlier but then he got an unexpected visit from Aoko and Shinichi causing him to panicked and just tossed the suit in the closet, not knowing that it wasn't well hidden.

Sighing as he finally got the bloodstained off, he hang the suit to dry in the underground hidden room where the rest of the stuff he used during a heist is. Now that he doesn't need to worry about his identity coming out to light, all his attention is now focus on the painful expression his lover was making earlier... He wasn't badly injured now was he? Maybe the case he was dealing with is dangerous after all.. he wasn't drugged right? He's not sure, maybe he should pay Shinichi a visit tomorrow for once despite knowing that he's currently not home but he did came by so maybe he'll be home? 

"You better not be hiding something from me, Shinichi."

***

Conan has no idea on what to do when he saw his magician waiting outside of his house from Professor Agasa's, he did told him way back when he was drugged that he won't be home for awhile but here he is watching his lover in front of his home. He wouldn't try to go and sneak in right- oh wait never mind, he did. Face palming as he sees Kaito going in the house, he finally sighed in defeat and grabbed his phone calling his stubborn lover while pacing back and forth in front of the window. It's not like he can stopped him, after all he did payed him a visit yesterday so it was only logical to think that Kaito will assumed that he'll be home. Though he didn't really like how he had to leave him early, he didn't even got a chance to asked the truth behind his injury but for now he's gonna let this slide.