You

Kaito's Point of View

I hurt him. It was never my plan to make him feel such pain. I only wanted to remain by his side, continuing our daily life of being a Phantom Thief and a Detective however... it wasn't my intention to make him fall for me. It was painful, cruel even, that I never wanted him to love me but it already happened. 

You were someone I didn't know I needed in my life. You were always there to give me a hand, despite knowing I was a criminal, you still help me when I needed you the most. Even without knowing who the person behind Kid's mask, you never once hesitated and even fell in love with me. It was selfish that I didn't want you to know these feelings I harbor for you, I can't and I'm not allowed to.

Shinichi.. did you know? I already found the only reason why Kaitou Kid exist without you knowing. That night... you weren't there and I wanted you to be there. To witness how happy I was to see the jewel but also miserable that the only time I get to be with you will also end. That's why I continued, despite having the target jewel within my grasp.

A few months flew by and I was still holding a heist just to have the opportunity to see you. The way you hunt me down when the heist starts, the piercing gaze you always send my way that never fails to see the truth, the flame of passion you harbor for me in those blue jeweled eyes... I never wanted everything to stop.

"It was my selfish desire to remain by your side even for a moment that drove me to continue being Kaitou Kid."

But everything needs to eventually end but I didn't have the heart nor even the courage to leave without you knowing who I really am. So I revealed myself that night after announcing Kaitou Kid's final heist. That night... I was stunned that you were capable of making such a bold move. The way your eyes didn't left mine, your slender fingers pulling my tie close to you, your soft lips onto mine.. how could I resist when the man I fell for is right there, kissing me? 

My respond to the kiss was a mistake I didn't consider. I never wanted you to find out so I lied but knowing you, you didn't believed it. There was a reason why I didn't want you to find out.. yet. That's why I disappeared but then.. you saw me first.

***

Everything came coming down when you saw me once again with Aoko. I wanted to approach you, chase after you and explained that there is nothing going on between us however.. do I have the right to deserve your love? Can I really accept the warmth of your hands, dirtying it with mine?.. Those questions made me stop that's why I never did anything and only smiled, but the pain in your eyes still hunted me till this day. 

You didn't know how much I wanted to go to your place and locked you in my arms, never to let you go again and return the love that keeps me going, you were my light Shinichi. But I needed some time before I return back to your side, can you...

"Can you wait for a little longer, My Metantei."

***

A/N: Hope y'all enjoy this oneshot!