Precious Gift

It's already been 2 years since Shinichi has turned into Edogawa Conan, with the operation of bringing the Black Organization down having no sign of being complete. During those 2 years, he ended things with Ran. Shinichi knew that if he continued to make her wait for him, it will only hurt her even more because he, himself, doesn't know if he will get the chance to return back to his original body. It was heartbreaking since he needed to let go the love of his life and moved on but he knew that Ran had a harder time than him.

It was painful at first, seeing the girl that you had loved since childhood with another man but after some time, he began to accept it and has finally completely moved on. Shinichi is happy for her now that she has finally opened her heart once again to the guy she's currently going out with and because their relationship as childhood friends still remain without any awkwardness between them. 

Though with the topic of love, he doesn't know if he will ever find his own. With him in the body of a child, it will be a challenge to find romance with the same age as his before he turned into Conan. But, what Shinichi didn't know is that there is someone out there who knew about his identity and has been secretly loving him since.

***

It's currently May 4th, his birthday, when another heist has been announced on the news regarding a very familiar phantom thief appearing tonight, ready to steal yet another grand jewel. Conan's main focus upon turning into a child was to find something that will lead him to the Black Organization, being that as Gin and Vodka but there hasn't been any update with their movement. That's why Conan is stuck and has been thinking of a way to track down the big boss of the said Organization. However despite that as his main goal, he always find himself distracted whenever Kaitou Kid announced a heist. Everything just seems to disappear. The problem he has regarding his body, the Organization, just, everything seems to evaporate into thin air as his focus has been directed towards the magician.

Conan found it interesting with how much a Phantom Thief like him can make him this thrilled to captured him. Despite thieves being not his area of expertise, this thief, however, was an exception. He only realized it not so long ago but whenever the magician makes an appearance, whether it is inside a heist or when he's in a difficult situation and there to help, he soon discovered the feeling of falling in love again. The difference, this time, is that compared to the love he felt for Ran, these feelings he harbors for Kid was much more stronger and deeper. Maybe it was because compare to his past relationship with Ran, Conan has more interaction with the Phantom Thief and that he knew his identity as the High School Detective, Kudo Shinichi. 

While the task force and Nakamori-keibu are currently busy with their new plan to capture Kid (which Conan knows will failed like the previous attempts), Conan is already making his way up to the rooftop. He knew that it has been a meeting place for him and Kid during every end of a heist which is why he will be taking a look around, trying to find whether Kid prepared an advanced escape plan or not. 

Conan swung the door open and was surprised to see the Phantom Thief already standing before him. Why is he here already? There is still a few minutes or so before the heist start. Is he planning something else? 

This thoughts made Conan wonder if the time of his arrival was wrong and he made a mistake decoding the advance note he has received. But before he could dive deep into this questions, Kid suddenly spoke which snap the detective off his thoughts.

"A pleasant evening to you, Metantei. My apology for suddenly appearing before you but I need to give you something before this heist starts. The one speaking right now isn't Kaitou Kid but the person behind him, behind his mask. I did this with my own personal intention so I hope that this will not tarnish Kid's reputation."