Forever Yours (Part II)

"Kudo-kun lost his memories."

"... What?"

"2 years ago, a week after the Organization was taken down, I managed to complete the antidote that will turn his body back to normal. It has a 99% chance that it will work however, there is still a 50% chance that there will be a side effect once he ingest the antidote. I tried persuading him that I will try to make another one that won't have that high of a risk once taken but he was stubborn until the end."

"Kudo-kun we are not sure what the possible side effect will be! This can even lead to your death and you are still willing to take that risk?!"

"Yes, I can't let him wait for me like how I made Ran wait for such a long time."

"But-"

"Haibara."

"..."

"This is my decision so please, let me take it in hopes that I will return back to being Kudo Shinichi. Edogawa Conan's time is up, it's time for 'me' to disappear."

"The next morning after he took the antidote, it was a success that he return back but.. he would not wake up. He was in a deep sleep, his immune system wasn't able to get used to it's owner's original body that it needed some time to adjust. His parents and I both agreed to moved him to Los Angeles for awhile with Professor Agasa for the mean time until he regains his consciousness. I have been monitoring his condition and so far, his been doing great not until he finally woke up 3 months ago."

"That idiot flew back here in Japan even though he doesn't even remember anythin'. I visited him once and when he found out that he was a detective and all, he disappeared the next day!" 

Kaito didn't hear what Heiji said after he stopped listening when Haibara said that his beloved Metantei woked up 3 months ago. Everything he had heard is really hard to take in, he took the risk of taking the antidote.. for him? A phantom thief? His Metantei must've gone crazy! But.. he doesn't remember anything, and he came back here to Japan? But why-

According to the girls, they saw him around the area, as if trying to find something since he's been glancing around here and there.

He wasn't being pursued, he was trying to regain his memories! But it's dangerous for him to be wandering around when he doesn't even have any memories of the area. There's still a chance that there is someone lurking in the dark, waiting for an opportunity when Shinichi is at his most vulnerable moment. 

Kaito got up then crouch down in front of Haibara which took the scientist aback from his action but refrain from showing it. 

"The favor you were gonna ask was to help find him right? "

Hearing that made Haibara smiled. Ever since Shinichi fall into a coma, she's been constantly worried about his condition despite knowing that he'll be alright. In the first place, it was her fault for inventing such a dangerous drug but she is sure that Shinichi would be scolding her for blaming herself again, that it's his own fault for not being cautious with his surroundings while following Gin and Vodka. And.. if it were not for that drug, she would not get a chance to meet the stubborn detective, Professor Agasa (that she already treated as her beloved grandfather) , the Shounen Tantei (Detective Boys) and everyone else. It wasn't all that bad in the end though she needs to find a way for Shinichi to regain his memories. 

"Oi, ya two are forgettin' 'bout me! I'm still here geez!!"

***

"We found him!"

Everyone in the room stood up when Heiji came bursting in with the news. It took them 5 days to track down Shinichi's exact location and it seems like he's been staying in an apartment complex. Why did it took them for awhile to find him you may ask? Well even when Shinichi doesn't have any of his memories, he's still a detective at heart which you would've guess how he managed to hide his whereabouts for that long.