Gift of Love

A special day where everyone will be looking forward for it to come. Some are excited while some didn't saw it much of a difference in their everyday life, and the latter is what Shinichi is feeling every single year for his birthday. He doesn't get why people should celebrate the day they were born. Yes it was a blessing and something that everyone should be grateful for however he just doesn't see the point of looking forward for such day to come. However, it all changed when something made him looked forward to the upcoming date of his birth. Something that he wished to experience everyday if possible.

Letting out a sighed after receiving some greetings from a few close friends and his parents, Shinichi looked back outside the open window of his room. There at the windowsill, rest a single red rose inside a clear glass vase. Everyone who sees this will think that he put it there himself however they are wrong. Someone who doesn't fail to put such a romantic gesture every year for his birthday that till this day, he still couldn't seemed to find the person behind it. 

It started when he hit his 17th years birthday, where after a long day of being dragged by Ran and the others to celebrate it, he came home to see a single present wrapped in black wrapping and a royal blue ribbon on it. Shinichi first thought that maybe it was a present Ran prepared because she was too shy to hand it over herself however upon opening the box, he knew that it was something that Ran will never thought of giving him.

What was inside is a single red rose and a bunch of cipher codes neatly placed inside another small box with a note in it.

"Happy Birthday to the person who have saved this lonely gentlemen."

-K.K

At first, he thought it would be Hattori since if he has to think among the peers he has, he will be the only one who would send him a bunch of cipher codes but once Shinichi asked him about it, it wasn't Hattori. He thought maybe it was from a fan and Haibara left it there in his room and forgot to mentioned it to him. Shinichi began to forget about it and quite enjoyed solving the set of cipher codes but soon, his curiosity has risen once again. Because when he finally returned back to his original body and successfully taking down the Black Organization, his birthday came, and along with it another unknown present appears in his bedroom.

This time, it was not only a cipher code but a few case scenarios which he has to solved in order to know who the culprit is with the answer inside a locked box, which also has a code he has to solve in order to get the answers inside. Unexpectedly, and not creep out with receiving gifts from an unknown person, he started to wander and looked forward to the next presents he will be receiving. That maybe, just maybe, the identity of the sender will soon come to light.

"But it's already close to midnight, my birthday will be over soon so why isn't there a present this time?" Shinichi asked himself, looking outside the window. It couldn't be the rose that was placed there is the only present he'll get today right? It wasn't like he wanted something more, it's just that compared to the gifts he had received for the passed 4 years, this time it was as if the sender was saying that this will be the last time he will send him presents.

But what Shinichi wants wasn't the present. He enjoyed solving the ciphers and codes he had received and the last gift he received, which was a wrist watch with an engraving of the sender's initial and his on the back, was always kept in the box and he will only wear it during an important occasion. What Shinichi wants is knowing the identity of the sender... No, he doesn't only want to who the sender is but he wanted to get to know him more, so much so that the impossible happened. Shinichi was falling for thim.

This made him smile. It was foolish to think that he fell for someone who he doesn't even know personally but the notes he always left never fails to make him desire to figure his identity out. The love he didn't know grew inside of him was confirmed after he received a bunch of letters that came along with the wrist watch last year. Letters that the sender wrote every time he thought of Shinichi and by the numbers of letters he has to open and read, it was confirm that K.K. always thinks about the detective, and that he, too, has fallen deeply for Shinichi.