Rejection[?...] [ShinKai]

"See you tomorrow, Kuroba-kun!"

"Thanks for the amazing performance you did earlier, you're amazing!"

"You're very much welcome! See you guys tomorrow!"

It's already been 2 and a half years since his life has return back to normal after destroying Pandora and returning back to his normal life. Kaito would love to say everything did return back to normal however... it's far from that after that faithful day. He sighed then turn back to the opposite direction and headed back to his apartment. He wanted to open up to someone regarding this matter but nobody will be able to understand, if it were his Metantei he will but.. He's the reason why he's feeling like this.

Kaito wanted to turn back time and just stopped himself from doing such a thing however deep in his heart, he wanted it to happen, it was better than continuing their friendship with a one sided feelings towards the other. He just wished that he could've done it without affecting his friendship with Shinichi but how could someone confessed their love to someone and still keep everything the same as before?

"I was an idiot for thinking that..."

***

"METANTEI!!!"

Waking up in a panic, Kaito gasped for air and looked around seeing that he's still in his room. Calming down little by little, he could feel the hot tears coming out and the aching feeling on his chest that is too familiar for him to even be surprised at. When will he be able to sleep properly without waking up in a panic?.. He let the tears escaped and cried silently, out of habit he started to bite the string of the hoodie he's wearing and there, he realizes something. Looking down at the azure hoodie, he chuckled painfully between his cries as he grips tightly onto the hoodie. 

"Even in this kind of situation, I can only find comfort through you huh, Shinichi..." Kaito said painfully as he let himself cried the pain out. 

The hoodie he's wearing is a parting gift he had received from his Metantei during that time, at first he refused to accept it but before he could even return it back he was already left alone, in the rooftop of Haido Hotel where they first meet as Kaitou Kid and Edogawa Conan.

***

[Flashback]

(2 and a half years ago, the time Pandora is destroyed and Shinichi getting his normal body back)

"...What?"

"I can't accept your feelings, Kid. I just.. don't see you that way, I'm sorry."

They can finally return back to their old life but forgetting the bond they have build throughout their time as their alter ego? Kaito couldn't accept that, he wanted Shinichi to know how much he had fallen for him, how much he had saved him countless of times from falling into a deep misery. He wanted to tell him everything, expecting that Shinichi felt the same way but it was too good to be true after all...

"I-I was just kidding Metantei~ Who knew I can fool you just like tha-"

He was taken aback when suddenly, Shinichi pulled him into a hugged. His top hat falling off giving the detective access to stroke his hair gently, he wanted to embraced him back but his body wouldn't move. Truly unfair isn't it?.. Kaito remained standing there, with his mask slowly disappearing as he bit his lower lips to refrained the tears from falling. 

"If you're gonna reject me, do it properly and don't get my hopes up..."

"Stop hurting yourself like this, Kuroba. There is no need for that... we can still remain as friends, this confession won't affect our friendship however.. please do not expect that we'll be more than that."