Blind Love (Part II)

It's already been 30 minutes since they arrived at a nearby Cafe but no one dares to break the silent that has build up between them. Shinichi wanted to be the first to speak, ask how he has been, whether he finally obtained the jewel he was looking for or still on the search, and if the bond they had is still there... He has a lot of things he wanted to ask but he couldn't. He doesn't know why but he wanted Kid to do the honor of leading the conversation, he was the one who invited him to talk after all.

Shinichi 'looked' down at his mug of coffee and took a sip, waiting for Kid to break the silent which he finally did.

"I see you finally return back to your body, Metantei. How... have you been? You disappeared for two years and I have no idea where you have gone to."

Kid spend the entire two years looking for Shinichi, trying to find if he has successfully returned back to his body or if he's still in the process of making an antidote. When he finally decided to visit Shinichi without any sort of disguised and only himself as Kuroba Kaito, he was excited and also nervous to show himself before the Metantei he adores... but upon sneaking in, a painful hole opened up in his chest once he found out Shinichi disappeared. He thought he was still in the care of his childhood friend but upon arriving, he was still nowhere in sight. It was like he disappeared into thin air... 

He knew that it has something to do with the drug he got for the detective, where he's somewhere safe with creating an antidote to return him back to normal however, the pain of the possibility of not seeing Shinichi anymore still haunts him. When he was on the verge of giving up, Kid heard a couple of rumors from the detective's fan that they saw Shinichi at the airport in a 'weird get-up'. Of course he didn't waste any time and wanted to head to his place but for some reason, he couldn't and was forced to stand by for awhile.

Upon hearing that his friends will be coming over, Kid took this opportunity and headed as well but not too close that will make his Metantei notice him. The moment he sees Shinichi for the first time in 2 years, in a 'weird get-up' the rumors said, his heart sank. Is this... the caused of the antidote? The caused of the drug he risked his life getting and giving it to his Metantei, the consequence is losing his eyesight?

Despite not seeing anything, Shinichi felt the sudden change of mood surrounding the Phantom Thief in front of him. Knowing why it changed, he put a smile on his face while placing the coffee down and slowly, he removed his glasses catching the attention of the magician. What Kid saw made his heart flutter as his eyes were meet by a beautiful ocean blue eyes.

It was strange, despite going blind, the beautiful color of Shinichi's iris still remain. Maybe because it was caused by a side effect of a drug? He didn't know however knowing that the eyes he always adored still remain the same as before made him smiled.

"I'll arrest you right here on the spot if you even dare thought of blaming yourself. I was the one who took the risk and took it so it was bound to happened. Though I really didn't expect to lose my eyesight."

Taking another sip from his coffee, Kid only shook his head and snickered. His Metantei is really something else. He knew that it wasn't his fault but just the thought of the detective not being able to see him, as his real self with no mask on still made him down. However, he can still do something for him that will make them both happy. 

"Well, it's a bummer that you wouldn't get to see what the Phantom Thief you've been trying to catch really look like however, I could 'show' you this instead."

Gently and carefully, Kaito grab ahold of both Shinichi's hand and places them on his face. Grinning from ear to ear as Shinichi slowly started to feel the magician's face. The soft and flawless cheeks down to his perfectly shaped chin, his pointed nose and soft lips and carefully, his eyelids where he feels the long eye lashes of the thief. Even though he couldn't quite visualize what he looked like, he still felt happy to be able to touch his face with no disguises on. Just him in his persona which strangely made something flutter in his chest.