Hidden Identity [ShinKai] (Part III)

"So you are Kaitou Kid.. Kaito?"

There was another reason why Conan had decided to pay Kaito a visit yesterday, yes he was going to visit his magician from the start but another reason was added as to why Conan wanted to meet him, it was confirmed when Kaito decided to go and went to his house. He wished that it was only a mistake but it was all confirmed once he heard everything from his magician himself. There were so many possible reason and things he could have thought through but the suspicious of his beloved Kaito being the Phantom Thief overlaps his other theories, it was a painful discovery especially when he had injured his own lover a few times as their alter ego, despite it being minor ones. 

After Kaito ended the call, Conan's prediction was already confirmed. Eyes hidden beneath the glasses glared light, he left the window then headed to the living room opening up the laptop he borrowed from Haibara. His suspicious started when an unfortunate turn of events happened in one of their heist 2 days ago.

***

[Flashback]

The heist was going so well without any casualties or whatsoever but nobody expected that somebody was gonna get killed during the heist that it was forced to be postponed, prioritizing the murder case as Megure-keibu arrived at the scene.. along with Kudo Shinichi. Out of everyone in the room, Ran didn't expect that his childhood friend will arrived at the scene. She wanted to give Kaito a call to tell him about his lover's sudden appearance but Conan stopped her before she could dialed his phone. This feeling... this cannot be a coincidence anymore the longer he looked at the thief impersonating him, he let it slide a few times whenever this happens but tonight he has a bad feeling that something worse will happen once this case was over.

Kaito, who's disguised as his lover, doesn't know how or why but the only person he could never fooled when dressed like his detective was the tiny detective in front of him. True it was risky to use his lover's face as a disguised but it was perfect knowing that they look exactly the same however out of every people he impersonate, Conan always manages to figured out right away that it's him. Are they perhaps acquaintance or relatives?  The similarity of both detectives in appearance and mind cannot be a coincident after all, maybe he'll just asked his lover about it once he had accomplish his goal as Kaitou Kid.

Indigo and Azure eyes gazed at each other, talking without the use of words as if knowing what they have in mind while they both agreed to help one another in this case for them to be able to continue their usual duel in the heist.

***

"TANTEI-KUN!!"

BANG!

This wasn't supposed to happen, he was being really careful but when he saw Kid being surrounded by a group of men in black with guns pointed to his rival, his mind went blank. All he could remember is Kaitou Kid shouting out to him and a gun shoot, groan and hissed snapped him back to reality when the magician had managed to saved him from getting injured. What was he doing? 

Before he could worry about the injured phantom thief in front of him, he was suddenly picked up by him as he threw a flash bomb onto the ground blinding the group of men taking this opportunity to hurriedly made an escaped. Feeling the cold breeze, Conan tear a piece of his shirt then tied it around the wound on Kid's arm earning a complain from him.

"You can do that later, I don't have full control over my hang glider now because of my injured arm.. and I might drop you-"

"Shut up for a second I'm almost done."