Love Return (Afterstory of PG)

Kaito have thought that he will be able to obtained the jewel before the year ends the moment he inherited the 'family business' and finally avenged his father who was the first magician under the moonlight, Kaitou Kid. But, who would've thought that two years has went by and he's still on the search for the jewel named 'Pandora'? Moreover, his supposed to be relationship with Aoko ended long ago when the guilt he tried so hard to hide in his heart slowly swallowed him whole. 

The moment Aoko confessed her feelings for him, Kaito was overyjoyed, happy that finally, the girl he has been secretly loving has love him back however... the feeling of guilt prevented him from accepting her feelings and the possible danger he might put her in, which is why he lied. A lied that made her shed tears and run away, leaving him in tears as well without the girl he had love knowing. But you know what he didn't regret? Kaito didn't regret opening his heart once more, to someone who unexpectedly made their way into his broken heart and healing it. 

"Edogawa Conan, Tantei sa. (a detective.)"

A love that secretly planted itself in his heart the moment he met a hinder in his heist, a hinder that soon brought thrill, joy, and a helping hand the longer he encounters the tiny detective... who wasn't just any mere child after discovering the surprising truth.

Kaito was both amused and curious upon discovering the supposed to be 7 years old kid was actually a 17 years old high school detective. Kudo Shinichi, a high school detective of the East attending Teitan High. Without knowing, he started to became attached to the detective, sharing bittersweet memories, life threatening ones, and soon, he finally understood the unknown feeling he has towards the tiny detective. 

Standing atop a skyscraper with the stolen jewel in hand, Kid looked down and sees the detective in his skateboard, hurrying to go back home with the gift in hand. Kid smiled upon seeing this as he looked up at the bright full moon. To think he, a phantom thief, will do such a dangerous thing and risked his life in order to obtained a drug that will helped a detective. Has the world gone mad? No, only his love towards his Metantei has caused him to do such a thing. Shinichi was the reason after all, the reason why he still has the willpower to continue his mission in search for a jewel that doesn't seem to exist and... 

"The reason why this magician learned to love once again, without the fear of losing someone."

***

A few weeks flew by and finally, Kaito's birthday came. Usually, he would enjoy the attention he's getting from everyone where he receives all sort of birthday presents and greetings however this year, he doesn't feel like celebrating it. The feeling of emptiness seems to continue existing in his chest, which he doesn't know when and why it existed. Maybe when his precious Metantei stopped appearing when he holds a heist? He doesn't know but what he knows is that, he wishes to see his detective once more, because during tonight's heist-

"It'll be the last."

"I see you finally found the jewel that you seek."

Hearing this, Kaito turned around to see Akako sitting down on one of the table with her arm crossed and leg resting atop the other with a smile on her face. It's a good thing that class is over and it's only the two of them still present in the room. No matter how many times he tries to convince her, she stills undoubtedly thinks he's Kaitou Kid, which she's right but still won't dare reveal himself. Kaito will only reveal himself to one person, and that person is currently nowhere to be seen causing the magician to frowned and turned away. 

Ignoring her words, he grabbed his bag and another one filled with presents he got from the class and was about to leave when Akako spoke once more, causing him to stopped on his tracks when he hears a familiar word.