My Metantei

(Second Part of Don't, Please[...])

***

Kaito's Point of View

When I first met him, I didn't know if he will became a hinder with my mission as Kaitou Kid since a detective will only cause trouble in Kid's heist however... he became my light instead. The first time I saw that child, I was immediately fascinated. I wanted to know more as to why he seem so different compared to the detectives I know and soon, I discovered that the child who had showed himself before me was actually the famous high school detective, Kudo Shinichi. At that moment, I felt a connection between us. A Detective who shrunk down into a body of a child and a magician who has a secret identity as a Phantom Thief. Aren't we a perfect match? Our short time together as fated rivals was something that I didn't know could heal something inside of me, the feeling of loneliness I didn't knew exist and the foreign feeling of something.. warmth. The tension between us as Phantom Thief and Detective slowly died down as it was soon replaced with something else, something even the both of us didn't noticed until now.

"A pleasant evening to you, Metantei. I see you're assisting the task force tonight~?"

"Baro(idiot), don't pretend like you didn't know when you purposely sent me a copy of that note last night. Now hand over the jewel, it's not the one you're looking for right?"

With each time our path crossed with one another, I realized what these feelings I felt towards the detective. It was laughable at first but soon,  I came to accept and embraced it. I love him, Kudo Shinichi. 

I didn't want to be greedy so I hid the forbidden love that is starting to form the longer I spend some time with him, I shouldn't, I'm not allowed to but soon... I gave in. I didn't know it was possible for it grew deeper than before but.. it did. When we finally meet each other during Kid's last heist, I wasn't expecting to see Metantei back to his body. I indeed managed to obtained the drug that turned him into a child but I wasn't expecting to be meeting him this soon, and even during my last time as Kaitou Kid. I didn't once push these feelings towards Shinichi and I continued this even after Kaitou Kid's time has finally ended. I disappeared in the face of the media but not before saying one last thing to him.

"Glad to see you're doing well now that you're back to being Kudo Shinichi."

"It was all thanks to you, Kid. I see you finally found what you are looking for. As a detective I should be arresting you and putting you behind bars however.. as someone who grew fond of you, I will let this go, for now."

I didn't want to but when I heard those words, I couldn't helped but to hoped that Shinichi, too, has fallen for me. I didn't want to reveal everything that night so.. I left. It took a year for us to see each other once again and to think it was a coincident, it was as if fate wanted our path to crossed once more, as a second chance for us to get to know each other without hiding behind a mask. No Kaitou Kid, no Kid Killer, just ourselves and nothing more.

"Surprised!!! Didn't think we'll be attending the same university now did you, Shinichi~"

"You really have the guts to show yourself to me after disappearing for a whole year now huh? Kid."

"Woah! You already had a hunched that I'm Kaitou Kid even before I revealed myself? Well you are THE Kudo Shinichi after all~"

Soon, we actually started living together despite remaining as friends during our 2nd year in College in a small apartment near the University. It was a simple life where Shinichi will be sometimes out solving cases while I stay at home doing the housework and practicing some magic tricks for my magic shows. We also told each other our story, a story nobody will believed if they didn't witnessed it themselves and despite that, we had each other to lean on. It was a bond we build throughout our time as Kaitou Kid and Kid Killer, it was our precious bond that still remains till now.