Sick Workaholic

"Kaito give that back!!"

"Not until your fevers gone, Mister I-wanna-solve-cases-every-day."

Conan was left no other choice but to comply and only scowled at the magician in front of him. Ever since they started going out a month ago, Kaito has been the same as before except for the amount of love and romantic gestures he will be receiving from him here and there. Why is he currently in the magician's home and not in the Mouri Agency you may asked? Well, he already found the antidote for APTX4869 and was back to his life as Kudo Shinichi a month ago, the same day they became a couple.

However, there was a flaw to it. Every time he catches a fever or became sick in any way, he returns back to being Edogawa Conan. They found this out when he suddenly caught a cold last week during a trip to the beach. Kaito was surprised to the point of thinking he was hallucinating since it was the first time he saw his lover shrinking into a child. A bit traumatic and amazing on it's weird way? Yup. 

Kaito puts the files Conan has been working on since yesterday on the nightstand and placed a cool damp washcloth over Conan's forehead and smiled. He never really thought he'll see him in this form again. Well, of course he was more grateful that Shinichi got his body back but every time he got sick and turns back into Conan? It was a nostalgic moment every time he takes care of his sick lover. 

"And this is why you should at least use an umbrella whenever it rains~"

"During a chase with a murderer wielding a weapon in hand? I don't think everyone would like to see a detective prioritized avoiding the rain than chasing after a criminal."

Kaito only shrugged his shoulder and snickered at the look Conan is giving him. Reaching for a bowl of porridge he made, he stirred it up with a spoon and scooped some to feed the sick detective. Kaito didn't want to admit it but... he likes this. The muffled rain pouring outside while taking care of his sick lover in bed, just them with no one to interrupt this moment specially for them. 

Conan stared at Kaito who's smiling for himself while staring at the bowl of porridge resting on his lap. He knew exactly what his Lover is thinking since he has the same expression when Kaito took care of him back at the hotel during their trip together. Shinichi doesn't really like returning back into a child and having to suffer throughout his sick condition but he might get used to this. Kaito taking care of him and sometimes teasing him for returning back into a child. A time of hiding since nobody knows about this flaw the antidote has. Watching his lover entertained him while he's stuck indoors until he was all better and back to his body. He doesn't mind this small flaw if it means having to experience this little moment with Kaito. 

After a few hours of having a conversation together, magic show by Kaito and a few games where he lost every single time, it was time for bed. 

Kaito put away the gaming console and tuck the detective in bed. Conan immediately turned a brighter shade of red when the magician moved his hair away then kissed his forehead. When Kaito saw the flustered expression on his lover, he only snickered and turned off the lampshade. 

"Sleep tight, don't let the magician crawl into bed and bite~"

"Baro(Idiot).. Good night." Conan said and hid under the blankets which caused Kaito to chuckled but before he could head back and leave he was taken aback when he felt a small tag on the hem of his shirt, and a shy voice saying, 

"Thanks for taking care of me and.. ᴵˡᵒᵛᵉʸᵒᵘ"

Kaito was left speechless and flustered but didn't even waste another second and pounced onto the small detective, pulling him in his arms and nuzzling his cheeks on his poor lover's. 

"Ahh, why are you so adorable Shinichi!!! Can't you just stay small after all~?"

"It hurts, you idiot magician! let go!!!"

"Ehh, just a bit more- ACKK!! OII NO BITING!!!"

***

A/N: Yup, a super rush oneshot but I have plenty of plots in store for this two so stay tuned!!