Different World

"You're really pretty! Ne, What's your name??" The boy asked curiously.

"You can't talk huh? Hmmm... OH! How about I teach you how? I'll still be staying here for about 3 days after all!!" He excitedly said while holding the hands of a azure eyed boy in front of him, who seems to be also excited to learn new things from him.

Ever since that day, a messy haired boy will always sneak out at night with a book in hand and visit the cow licked haired boy behind the large rocks by the seashore. It was never easy to teach him how to speak but despite it being difficult, he wanted to hear his new friend's voice before he leaves.

Unfortunately, this newly found bond between them has to end after 3 days passed by. The boy wanted to stay for a little more but his parents were already packing up, leaving him no choice but to follow. One last time, he went to the same spot to say his final goodbye.

"W-will I see you.. again?" The azure eyed boy asked, speaking for the first time in a broken sentence which made the other boy smile and tear up in joy.

Pulling the boy into a hug, he answered back cheerfully.

"Of course!! I'll come back for you once I'm old enough. Then I'll show you around the world, Shin-chan!"

***

Kaito smiled after remembering such a nostalgic memory while looking at the sun setting by the horizon right before him. 18 years went by and he didn't get a chance to visit his old friend. When his father passed away, he was too preoccupied with his time as a student and a Phantom Thief but now? With the jewel in hand he finally returned back to the same place where he always meets the boy.

"I wonder if you're still here.."

Kaito left him here with various of books ranging from Dictionary, documentaries and also some detective books he got as a present. He was worried that it might turned out to be useless in the end since he only managed to teach him for 3 days. Not to mentioned, only for about 3 hours since his parents might found out about his disappearance.

"W-will I see you.. again?"

When he heard his voice for the first time, he felt something tingling on his chest which he didn't know why due to how young he was but now that he's older, Kaito knows that he have fallen for the boy who possessed the sea in his eyes. With a few failed attempts, he got him to write his name on the sand which he found out was-

"Shinichi..."

Sitting down on the sand with the jewel still in hand, he wanted to destroy it the day he found it however he couldn't. He tried everything from throwing it on the ground, burning it and even biting didn't do anything. What to do with this jewel... Before he could think of another way to destroy it, he caught something moving out of the corner of his eyes.

Glancing to his right, he was shocked yet overjoyed to see a very familiar figure hiding behind a rock, peeking and observing his every move.

Blue scales on the corner of his eyes that highlights his azure slit iris eyes, pointed ears, pearl like skin and a long beautiful blue tail with such a long thin fins on its side like a cloth that highlights his whole being. Yes, the boy he met that summer night was no other than a merman he happened to stumble upon while playing by the seashore.

At a very young age, he already developed a fear towards fish however when he saw him for the first time that night, all he could think about was how beautiful and breathtaking Shinichi was.