Chocolate Disaster

"Can you explain how you managed to nearly burn down the kitchen just by melting some chocolates, Kudo Shinichi-kun?" Haibara, who was standing in front of the detective covered with chocolate from head to toe sitting in seiza with his head low, asked with her arms crossed over her chest while tapping her feet down onto the ground. 

"... I don't know either- I mean! Sorry... Ma'am." Shinichi indeed didn't know what went wrong. He only left the chocolates to fully melt and not even a minute passed by, this whole mess happened. He knew he wasn't great with cooking after that cucumber incident but who knew it was worse when it comes to baking as well? 

"Really now, I just left you for a few minutes to get some sugar from the professor's house and now look at this mess." If Shinichi didn't practically begged for her to helped him make this chocolate she would've just left him on his own but Haibara didn't want to wake up in the morning with a firetruck in front of his house. 

This was not something Haibara would love to be in at 3 o'clock in the morning. Due to the lack of time Shinichi has from getting involved from one case to another, he didn't have any time to make some chocolates for his beloved lover, Kuroba Kaito. We all know for a fact how terrible the detective is in the kitchen however he still wanted to at least give the magician something for Valentines Day, whether its a bought one or a who knows what's been made in the kitchen.

Shinichi first considered buying some chocolates instead however upon overhearing a number of girls planning to make a homemade chocolate for their lover... Well, we all know the detective was determined to make the best homemade chocolates, is what he thought. Ugh if he didn't love Kaito he would've just given him a raw chocolate but.. 

"He would only get upset if I did that so you better like this because I'm willing to burn down the house with this disastrous chocolate making."

Wiping off the melted chocolate on his cheeks, he started cleaning up the kitchen with the help of Haibara and started over again with the chocolate making. It took them about 6 o'clock in the morning (a cut finger & burn hands) to finally made a decent batch of chocolate truffles. Seeing the neatly wrapped box of chocolate, made by Haibara for she could not trust the detective anymore with this simple task, made him smiled as he quickly heads upstairs to get ready for school.

"This will be the best chocolate you will ever taste so be prepared, Kaito!"

***

"Good morning Shinichi- Eh? Did you get any sleep at all? Your eyes are.." Ran, who just entered the room, asked while pointing at Shinichi's eyes which are barely even open from the bags under his eyes. He must've been drain from the consecutive cases he's been getting huh?, she thought. 

"To be honest with you, I did not sleep a wink." Shinichi said tiredly before yawning. He would love to just skipped class and head straight to Ekoda High however he knew he should attend more class if he wants to graduate next year since he needed to make up for those months of not being present and active in class.

Tiredly making his way to his seat, Ran watched her childhood friend taking a short nap on his desk the moment the school bell rings. She knows that he had recently solved a case yesterday but did he stumble upon a crime scene on his way home? Taking her seat, she glanced at Shinichi then there, she notices something. The bandaids wrapped on the detective's fingers and his opened bag sitting right next to his desk where a box of chocolate is carefully placed beside his textbook. He wasn't tired because of solving a case, he was tired because he was busy making his lover some chocolate!

Seeing this, Ran couldn't helped but broke into a smile as she imagines how much Shinichi had worked hard in making the chocolates for Kaito.

When the detective returned back from going to school, that's when he finally told her everything. From the moment he had turned into a child by a drug to suddenly falling for Kaitou Kid, she was left heartbroken when she realizes that all of the time she had waited for his return has been in vain and not to mentioned having a Phantom Thief steal his heart away from her. But after a lot of thinking and Shinichi making an effort into fixing things up between them, she forgiven him and finally decided to let him go.