Love Tonight

It was any normal heist where an advance notice is sent, a jewel is guarded, and a detective of the east is present waiting for the appearance of the Magician under the moonlight. But tonight, a very special guest has made it's way to the heist which is very familiar for the Detective and the Phantom Thief.

After the announced time has finally came, all the lights went out and Nakamori-keibu's instructions are heard inside the building, unaware of the guarded jewel already in the hands of a certain someone.

This certain someone isn't the person we expect for the Phantom Thief himself is stunned and amazed to see the empty case. A smirk made it's way to his face as he tilts his helmet. He wasn't expecting that his preparation for tonight will go in vain but a new sense of interest has replaced it. Quickly, he flee the place before the lights turns back on.

There was only one person in mind who could do such a thing, which is why Kid is making his way to the stairs after discarding the police uniform he was wearing.

His motive for stealing the jewel without the awareness of the task force? Unclear. The way he's being lured in to the rooftop of the building, with each step making him look forward on what awaits behind those close doors? Fascinating.

Finally, face to face with the door, Kid slowly turned the doorknob and with the door opening to feel the cold night breeze, there stood the person he was expecting to see. It was funny how their roles has been switched with the Phantom Thief by the door watching his beloved Metantei standing in the middle of the rooftop with his back turned to him, waiting for Kid to come.

"You sure took your sweet time coming here, Kaitou Kid."

"My deepest apology. I wasn't expecting that you were this eager to meet this Phantom Thief, Metantei."

It has been two whole years since the last time they have seen each other. The last time they parted ways was the same as this but with their position switched, only exchanging a few words before they separate ways.

"I'll wait for your return, Metantei."

"Hm. Make sure not to let anyone caught you."

"Because you're the only one allowed to? I'm flattered."

"...Yes. I, Edogawa- no, Kudo Shinichi, will soon caught the Phantom Thief they called Kaitou Kid."

It was something they always say to each other but that night, the meaning behind their words were much more deeper than usual. A time spend to wait for his detective that he weren't expecting to take this long and a determination to return back and caught a Phantom Thief... but with a different reason.

Slowly, Kid made the first move. With each step he makes was a step closer to seeing the detective he has been longing to see. It was a feeling he wasn't aware of until now. The image of his Metantei invading his thoughts, the gentle whisper of his name after another successful heist and... the fast beating of his heart by the thought of seeing him once again, just like now.

Kid wanted to see him so without waiting for Shinichi to turn around, he reached out for him. However, right when he was about to grab his shoulder, the detective spoke which  caught him off guard.

"Tsuki ga kirei desu ne? (The moon is beautiful tonight, isn't it?) "

"I love you, Kid."

The time where they parted ways was the start of his treatment to return back to his original body. It was a procedure where he was needed to be monitored but nonetheless, it was a success. During those 2 years of not being able to see Kid was the day where Shinichi realized such feelings existed within him. That is why the moment he has fully return back to his body without any complications, he immediately attended this heist which took a lot of convincing from Nakamori-keibu.

With a smile on his face, Shinichi turned around to face the stunned Phantom Thief who's arm is still extended. He knew very well what the meaning behind those words he has said and it was a gamble he needed to take since he, himself, couldn't solve the heart of the person he loves dearly.

What Shinichi didn't know is that those words he has said means a lot to Kid. Who knew their next meeting would be like this where the feelings he has been treasuring would be return, with the moon shining brightly tonight watching this confession of love.

Returning the smile on the detective with a genuine one with no mask on, he replied with joy as he pulls the detective into a passionate kiss.

"Shindemo iiwa. (I can die happy.)"

"I love you too, Shinichi."

***
A/N: Yes another short Oneshot for this author cannot helped but right one while watching the Super pink moon.

P. S. Alright gonna go back down from the roof because the mosquito is feasting on my blood LOLOL