Forever Yours

It wasn't supposed to go this deep, his feelings for him should remain the same but day by day all he thinks about is him. His dear Metantei. At first, he was only fascinated by his intelligence, to be able to see through the heart of others and solve even one of the most impossible case, now that he can't see him anymore? His feelings for him grew deeper, that smile of his when he finally figured things out, his irritated gaze when he fails to catch him, as well as the genuine smile he had shown the magician for the first and last time.

"You should quickly find what you're looking for, Kid."

"Heh~, this is new! Has Metantei finally grown tired of me? That-"

"It's not that. I know behind that mask lies an innocent person who's trapped with Kaitou Kid's duty. I don't know why you have to go to this extent to find it but I do wish you'll find it soon. Maybe we can meet outside of a heist for once? Hangout, talk to each other without the need to hide any personal information. Just.. us. No more secrets."

"...You sound like you're in love with me Metantei~! Ahhh, I nearly fell for that, you really have to be careful especially when you're still in a child's body or I might try to steal your heart instead."

"...Do as you wish."

It took him aback when he heard those words, not to mentioned giving him such a smile that for the first time in awhile he let his poker face down. Who knew that it'll also be the last time he'll see that kind of expression on the detective before he suddenly gone missing. 

"Where are you, Metantei.." He whispered in the air of the lonely night while sitting on top of a skyscraper, looking at the beautiful view of Tokyo with a jewel in hand.

Glancing at the jewel, he wonders. He already got Pandora but why doesn't he feel like celebrating? Oh right, he did get the jewel but he still didn't get that. Laughing, he stands up then spread his arms.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Kaitou Kid's show has finally come to an end. The curtains shall now be closed, for eternity." 

***

"You're really going to Tokyo University? But I thought you'll be going somewhere in Osaka?"

"Well It's too far away and I know that you'll miss me so why not stay somewhere close- Ouch! I was just kidding geez!"

2 years had already passed ever since he had retired as Kaitou Kid and at the same time his Metantei's disappearance. He tried everything to know his whereabouts but to no avail, there is no information that states where he is. It's like he had disappeared in thin air without a trace, he already suspect that the Organization that he's been hiding from finally caught him but it was taken down a week before Con- no, Before Shinichi disappeared. In the end, he had to give up the search and wait for a miracle to happen. 

"You Alright, Kaito?" Aoko's voice snapped him back to reality quickly grinning widely at her. Poker face, poker face-

"Is there something that's been bothering you for awhile?"

"Kuso(Shit).."

"I'm just starvinggg, anyway are we there yet?"

Aoko said that she'll be treating Kaito when she found out that a cafe opened up not far away from the Ekoda train station. For some reason the name of the cafe is Bourbon & Rye, which is weird for a cafe to have an alcohol based name. 

Up ahead, he finally saw the sign of the cafe which made his stomach growl for real this time when he smelled the freshly baked lemon pie. How ironic to smell his metantei's favorite dessert when he's trying so hard not to think of him. Aoko got excited when she saw the cafe that she grabbed the magician's arm dragging him in, upon entering the bell chime.