1

You sprint through the darkness, the cold wind biting and clawing at your exposed skin. Think, y/n, think. Your mind frantically works, trying to find a solution.

A way out.

Anything.

You hear the shrieking and growling behind you, edging closer and closer. Your muscles scream as you continue to push them harder and harder. How long can you go on like this? You push away the swelling wave of despair threatening to overtake you.

Jungkook is gone. The boys are scattered, God knows where. The monsters are coming.

And it's all your fault.

A Few Months Ago

You board the train heading for Seoul, excitement and anticipation bubbling up in your chest. It's happening, its finally happening! You were finally moving to the city, the place you had been dreaming of for as long as you could remember.

Your parents, trying and failing to hide their worry, wave and smile nervously at you from the platform. They knew you had always wanted to move to the city, but had hoped it would never actually happen. But you had always longed for more than what your small farming community in Hwaseong had to offer.

Now, you had a reason to finally move there: a new job as a translator working under the international fan communication director for Big Hit Entertainment. Not only were you moving to your dream city, but you were starting your dream job. You have always loved learning different languages, and now it was time to use those skills to help connect fans all around the world. It was the opportunity of a lifetime, one that you could not wait to jump into.

You eagerly take your seat as the conductor calls for any last minute passengers. Looking out the window, you see your parents still waving half-heartedly, the worry evident in the creases around their eyes and the slight tightness of their smiles. You breathe on the glass, and draw a heart in the fog, which brightens their smiles ever so slightly. The train whistles and lurches forward. You wave to your parents as they slowly move out of sight, the train relentlessly pushing you further and further from them. Even from this distance, you see your mom's smile drop, while your dad continues to put on a brave face. Eventually, you can no longer see them standing there.

The sunlight streams in, bathing you in its warmth as you continue gazing out the window, watching the land speed by as the train carries you towards your future.

You know your parents are scared - the countryside that you have known all your life pales in comparison to the massive city that you are racing towards, all alone. What is there to be afraid of? I can do this. Surely only good things await me in Seoul, you assure yourself.

Your thoughts venture dreamily towards your new start, while the train continues steadily onward.

***

You can hardly contain your excitement, tapping your foot repeatedly on the ground as the train comes to a slow stop at Seoul Station. A passenger nearby throws you an agitated look, and you mumble a quick "sorry" as you jump out of your seat and bumble your way off of the train.

Emerging from the Station, you are immediately enamored with the bustling city before you. It's even more spectacular than I thought it would be, you think to yourself as your eyes eagerly drink in everything around you. The sheer size of it is astonishing, let alone all of the colors and steady stream of people all around. Already, you feel yourself being swept away by this place, this city that pulses with life. You are abruptly pulled from your thoughts as your phone rings in your pocket. Pulling it out, you see your friend's name, Mi Young, flash across the screen.

"Unni!" You say excitedly before she can get a word in.

"Y/n-ah! Where are you?? Are you here yet??" She replies cheerfully, and you can practically hear the smile in her voice.

"I am just leaving Seoul Station. I will be there soon! Are you still free to go out for dinner?"

"Of course, I've been looking forward to it all day! Hurry up already!"

"I am on my way, see you soon!" You laugh, quickly piling your luggage into the taxi.

After hanging up, you turn your attention back to the window of the taxi, soaking in as much as you can as the car speeds towards your new apartment. The sun sinks, turning the world around you into a war of golden light and ever-increasing shadows. Everything around you is staggering.

Despite yourself, you feel a small twinge of nervousness creep its way in. The towering buildings and bustling crowds are completely alien to you. Were Mom and Dad right? Is this too big of a leap? You think to yourself. No, stop it y/n. This has been your dream for so long. Don't chicken out so easily. Shaking off any doubts you have, you continue to watch wide-eyed as this new world unfolds around you.

You can do this, you assure yourself. What's the worst that could happen?

A/N
Sorry for the short, boring chapter - its mostly just to set the scene and give a little background info. I promise we will meet the boys soon! Anyone think that only good things await y/n in Seoul? Hint: probably not. Zombies will most definitely be involved. But at least the boys will be there, so honestly how bad could it be?
And again, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask/leave comments and don't forget to vote!
- m.