11

"Oh you've got to be kidding me" you hear Yoongi say, much too cavalier about the present danger. "Go!" Namjoon yells, and you turn, everyone breaking into a dead sprint, racing towards your apartment building. Your feet pound the pavement, propelling you forward.

Somewhere behind you, screeches and growls fill the air, the inhuman sounds chilling your blood. You don't dare to look back, eyes glued to your building as you run for your life. You hear the boys' feet smacking the concrete again and again, right on your heels.

Somehow, you make it to the front steps of your building, finally glancing over your shoulder to make sure everyone is still behind you. You only take your eyes off the building for one moment, but when you look back, you're met with a nightmarish sight. You dig your heels in, skittering to a halt. Towering over you is the remnants of a man. He's covered in blood, his dislocated jaw hanging grotesquely to the right. Your stomach lurches when you notice that he's missing an arm. You stumble back, realizing too late that your knife is currently embedded in the skull of a dead zombie. The beast shrieks, jerking forward and clawing at you. You don't even have time to scream.

Not missing a beat, Jungkook pushes you aside, leveling the gun at the zombie. You tumble to the hard ground, but hear it when he squeezes the trigger. The bullet finds its mark, blood spattering you as the monster's head explodes. You blink in shock, blood dripping down your face, arm smarting from smashing into the concrete. Arms wrap around you, dragging you to your feet. "Come on, y/n we gotta move!" Taehyung urges, snapping you out of your dazed state. Stumbling forward, you climb over the body now laying across the stairs, heading for the front door. You rip it open, tearing through the lobby and starting up the stairs, praying all of the boys are right behind you.

You pass level after level, ignoring your screaming muscles as you finally make it to the 7th floor. You open the door, breathing hard as you step through, eyes scanning for more monsters. The hallway is empty, and you jog forward, digging your key out of your pocket as you make it to the door. Unlocking it quickly, you turn and hold the door open, watching as the boys race in one-by-one.

Taehyung, Yoongi, Jimin, Hoseok, Namjoon, Jin.

"W-wait," you stutter, "where's Jungkook??"

Not waiting for an answer, you tear back down the hall, assuming the worst. Just as you make it to the door to the stairs, it bangs open, a wild-eyed Jungkook barging through. He's not expecting you, and you don't have time to move.

Crash.

He barrels right into you, his momentum lifting you off your feet and sending you both hurtling to the ground. He tries and fails to break the fall, grunting in pain as his already injured arm scrapes the ground. He lands on top of you, air fleeing your lungs as he crushes you.

"Are you kidding me?? What are you doing??" He groans, rolling off of you as you gasp for air like a fish out of water.

Unable to answer due to your smushed lungs, you simply lay there, sucking in as much air as you can. Jungkook pushes himself to his feet, groaning again when he sees you still laying on the ground.

"Come on, we don't have time this" he says as he leans down, taking your hand and hauling you to your feet.

"If you...weren't...such a...giant...then.." you croak, still winded.

"Save it" he says, cutting you off, but you swear there's a hint of laughter in his voice.

He drags you down the hall, making it to your door and pushing you through. He turns the lock as you stumble in and collapse on the rug, the boys having taken up the couch and other chairs.