20

"Who is Boss Kang?" Yoongi's voice rings out, the question hanging ominously in the air. No one answers, everyone shifting uneasily at his words. Whoever he is, if those were his men back at the other store, he's clearly a force to be reckoned with.

"I don't know, but we can't think about that right now. We have to get supplies and get out of here." Namjoon claps his hands together, breaking the uncomfortable silence. "Lets go."

Without hesitation, the boys set off yet again, each one heading down the different aisles to gather supplies. Minho glances at you, some unknown war waging in his eyes. One side wins out, and he sighs, turning reluctantly and heading down the nearest aisle.

Guilt at your inability to help washes over you. More than that, your injury is slowing everyone else down, putting the others in danger. If you're all going to survive, you have to fight through it and keep up with the others. Steeling yourself, you stand, uninjured leg wobbly as it takes on your full weight. You turn, ready to hobble down the aisle and help however you can.

"What do you think you're doing?" Jungkook asks, brows furrowing as he watches you struggle.

"I can't just sit here and be a burden. I need to help." You say through clenched teeth, trying your best to hide the pain from your ankle and walk normally.

"Don't be stupid, you're not a burden. You're hurt. Sit down and put your ankle back up."

You ignore him, limping towards the nearest aisle. He sighs, shaking his head and stepping towards you. He places his hands on your shoulders and pushes lightly, easily steering you back towards your chair, despite your resistance. He only releases you once you're back in your seat, hands moving from your shoulders to lift your ankle back onto the other chair.

"I can help!" You huff, crossing your arms across your chest, bottom lip jutting out.

He laughs at your disgruntled face, the sound alleviating your annoyance despite yourself. He kneels down, doe eyes looking directly into yours. A seriousness settles over him.

"I know you can help. But you shouldn't." He says softly. You look down, unable to meet his eyes any longer, guilt still weighing heavy on you. "I know its frustrating to be hurt, but you're just gonna make it worse by trying to push through it. Please y/n, just sit this one out." You don't answer, eyes fixed on your hands clasped together in your lap. Gently, Jungkook takes your chin in his warm hand, lifting your head up and forcing you to meet his gaze again. "For me, y/n. Please." His words are weighty, electrifying the air between you. Completely captivated, you start to wonder if you could drown in those dark eyes. Blushing at his words, you hope he can't hear your heartbeat quickening. You clear your throat, mind screaming at your cheeks to cool down.

"Fine" you mutter, voice coming out far more hoarse than you intended it to. A smile spreads across his face, lighting up his features. His eyes twinkle with amusement.

"Thank you." He releases your chin, standing up, eyes never leaving yours. He backs away, towards the nearest aisle, a slight bounce in his step. "I promise, on our next supply run, when your ankle is all better, I'll sit back with my feet up while you do all the work."

You scowl, grabbing a discarded water bottle on the floor near you and chucking it at him. He dodges it easily, laughing and sending you a quick wink before turning and disappearing into the store. You can't help your own smile, heart still hammering loudly in your chest.

You wait for a few moments, listening for sounds of the boys returning. The first to arrive is Hoseok, who flashes you a quick smile as he sets his findings on the ground.

"Hoseok" you call, beckoning for him to come over. He walks towards you, head cocked to the side in curiosity.

"What you did earlier...that was amazing. You saved our lives. I don't know how I can ever thank you." You say sincerely, grateful for the chance now to thank him.