19

They're right behind you.

Jaws snapping, tattered arms reaching, fingers clawing.

The rest of the boys have made it safely through the exit, Jungkook racing behind them, hauling you with him. The sounds of men being ripped apart and zombies flooding the store thunder behind you, and you cling tighter to the man carrying you to safety as fast as he can. Just as you reach the door, a monster appears from the shadowy aisle to your right, snarling as it lunges at you. Jungkook twists, turning you away from the oncoming beast.

But the zombie is lightening, and Jungkook is the man caught in the storm without an umbrella.

The creature crashes into him, the force of the collision knocking him backwards, his center of balance thrown off by his effort to protect you. You're thrown from his back, tumbling painfully to the ground. Scrambling, you whip your head around, eyes landing on the two figures now a few feet from you. Jungkook is pinned down by the beast, straining with all his might as it tries to sink its teeth into him. His gun must have come loose in the collision, the black object lying just out of his reach. Looking around wildly, you grab some canned vegetables from the shelf next to you. Without another thought, you hurl the can at the zombie. It finds its mark, bouncing off its skull with a loud thud, as you yell "yah! Over here, ugly!"

The monster jerks its head up, feral eyes landing on you. It bares its teeth, dried blood from some other poor soul covering its chin and the entirety of its neck. Your stomach does summersaults as you look right back into those soulless eyes. Releasing Jungkook, it lurches towards you. Still on the ground, you scoot back as quickly as you can, not having thought through what to do once you actually got the beast away from Jungkook.

When you fell from Jungkook's back, your knife fell with you, leaving you weaponless. You search for it now, finally glimpsing the familiar silver just behind you. Turning from the zombie that's hurtling towards you, you lunge for the weapon, fingers wrapping tightly around the cold, smooth hilt. You whip around just as it reaches you.

The full weight of the beast lands on you, stealing your breath as it flattens you into the ground. The smell of death washes over you like a flood as it brings its face to yours, opening its mouth to devour you. Using every ounce of strength left in your body, you raise your fisted hand, driving the tightly-clenched knife under the monster's chin. You bury the gleaming silver hilt-deep, making sure its enough to pierce the brain. There's a horrific gurgling noise as blood pours from the wound, drenching you. You can't see the moment of the second death, as there's no life left in this body that's crushing you. But you know the knife found its mark when the beast goes limp, head lolling and growls growing silent as it slumps, still pinning you to the ground.

Before you can even cry for help, Jungkook is there, pulling the now truly dead body off of you. He reaches down, about to take you up into his arms again. Until you a see a figure moving, rushing towards him. Back facing towards the oncoming danger, Jungkook doesn't see the new zombie reaching for him. It's too fast, and much too close.

"Watch out!" You scream.

Jungkook's eyes widen and he tenses, turning to face the new threat. But before he can even stand up, a new figure flies past you both. The man throws himself at the monster, lifting it off its feet, beast and man tumbling to the ground. A blur of red. Your heart stalls.

Hoseok.

Hoseok's bright red hair flies every which way as he wrestles with the bloody creature. Another man appears in your peripheral. Jimin skitters to a halt, half-moon eyes widening as he takes stock of the situation.

"Take y/n and get out of here! Now!" Jungkook yells to Jimin as he scrambles to his feet, scooping up his gun and he turning to help Hoseok. Jimin doesn't hesitate, hurrying towards you. Bending down, he slings one of your arms across his shoulders and wraps his own arm around your waist, hauling you up as he stands. He starts towards the exit.