Present Day

You cling desperately to your savior's hand as he pulls you forward, sprinting away from the growling right behind you. Tree branches blur as you continue on, staying just barely out of reach of the monsters doggedly chasing you. Icy air fills your lungs, threatening to burst, but you don't stop. You can't.

The trees begin thinning, and a small flicker of hope lights up in your chest. But it is quickly snuffed out as you finally see what you're hurtling towards. Your stomach drops.

The edge of a cliff.

A Few Months Ago

Everyone explodes all at once.

"Zombies? What do you mean zombies?"
"Yah, what are you talking about?"
"Those don't actually exist."
"Stop messing with us Kook, that's not funny."
"Seriously not funny, why would you say something like that right now?"
"Zombies aren't real, zombies aren't real, zombies aren't real..."

"Yah! Everyone quiet down!" Namjoon calls over the noise. He turns to Jungkook. "Be serious with us, Kook. Did you actually see something claiming there are zombies? And where did you see it?"

Jungkook remains silent, simply handing his phone to Namjoon as explanation. Their leader's eyes widen, shock clear in his expression as he looks at the phone. "What? How...how is this possible?" He whispers to himself, not looking up at the rest of the group.

"WHAT. You..you can't be serious?? It's real?" Hoseok practically screeches, eyes wild as he looks at Namjoon.

Everyone is holding their breath, waiting for the punch line of the joke. Waiting for Namjoon to laugh, high-fiving Jungkook as they say "gotcha!", celebrating their hilarious prank. But it never comes. Instead, he raises his head, eyes fixed on some far away point. "It's real" he says grimly, turning the phone around so everyone can see the various articles that all say virtually the same thing: Zombies. Somehow, someway, zombies. There's even a video showing the unbearable new reality. You all watch, horror-struck, as a woman, who resembles an animal more than a person, attacks a man standing nearby, teeth sinking into his shoulder as he screams.

This can't be happening.

You all stand rooted to the spot, too terrified to move. The small flame in the center of your huddle flickers, casting long shadows. Everything feels different, every dark corner now ominous and foreboding, as though a creature lurked in each one. Waiting to strike.

Suddenly, you remember something. Something you can't believe you didn't think about until this moment. Something that makes your blood run cold, sending a new wave of fear crashing through you.

Mi Young.

"Oh no. Oh no. Unni! I don't know if she's left yet or if she's in the building somewhere! What if she tried to go home? What if she doesn't know? What if-" you panic, thoughts spiraling as you think of your best friend all alone somewhere, unaware of the danger. Taehyung quickly releases your hand and instead wraps his arm around your shoulders, pulling you to him.

"It's ok y/n, don't worry. I'm sure she's ok. Mi Young is smart, she'll be ok. We'll find her. I bet she's still in the building, safe and sound with her coworkers" he says soothingly, but you don't miss the hint of worry edging his voice. He looks to the men huddled around, determination in his eyes. "We need to find Mi Young. Anyone have any ideas?"

"Can't we just call her?" Jimin suggests.

"We don't know what situation she's in, though. What if she needs to be silent and then her phone rings, putting her in danger?" You say, worry still rapidly rising despite your best efforts to remain calm.