13

There's smoke everywhere, blocking your vision as you slowly walk forward. Unable to make out your surroundings through the shadowy darkness, you listen intently, trying to figure out where you are. Suddenly, a faint whispering begins, echoing all around, pulsing and ebbing. "Hello?" You ask the darkness, but only hear the reverberating whispers in response. "Hello!" you call louder, the echoing sending chills down your spine.

The whispering grows louder and louder, turning to shrieks, until the sounds fill you, rattling your bones. You cover your ears, frantically trying to keep yourself from collapsing. "Stop!" you cry out, desperate for the torture to end.

All at once, the flood of noise stops, but the ensuing silence is unnerving. All you can hear is your heart trying to beat its way out of your chest. Hesitantly, you move forward again, one shaky foot in front of the other. Through the swirling fog, you suddenly spot several shadowy figures up ahead. "H-hello?" You call again, timidly.

There's no response, but something about their body language tells you they're afraid. They keep tight together, crouched slightly as though they're ready to run at any moment, heads moving back and forth as they watch their surroundings. Your heart skips a beat when you count the figures.

7.

Their faces come into focus, and you can now clearly see their terror. The boys who you have come to care for so much are here, in some sort of terrible danger.

You try to rush to them, a new kind of visceral fear tearing through you. But no matter how hard you strain, you can't move forward, as though you're running through quicksand. You open your mouth to call to them, but nothing comes out.

Suddenly, Jimin is yanked backwards, into the darkness, by some unseen force. Your heart stalls. Hoseok is claimed next, then Jin. You watch helplessly as one by one, each of your friends is dragged into the smoke. Taehyung is pulled away, leaving Jungkook alone, looking around wildly. His eyes lock onto you, fear taking over as he sees something behind you. He reaches out. "Y/n!"

You feel something icy grip your arm like a vice, jerking you backwards, off your feet. You reach for Jungkook, knowing it's no use even as you hear him calling your name.

"No! Y/n! Y/N!"...

"Y/n! Hey, wake up! Y/n!"

Eyes flying open, you launch upright, chest heaving, struggling to get out of the grip on your arm. "Let go of me, let go!" The hand releases you instantly, and your racing eyes finally land on the man still seated in the patio chair next to yours.

"Woah woah, hey it's ok! It's ok. You were having a nightmare. It's over now, it's ok." Jungkook says soothingly. His hands are up in surrender, as though you have a gun pointed at him. Concern and bewilderment swirl in his dark eyes as he looks at you.

Without thinking, you launch yourself at him, throwing your arms around his neck and burying your face in his shoulder. His breath catches in his throat, taken aback by the sudden embrace. He freezes, hands still up, hesitancy clear in his stillness.

"I-I thought we were g-goners. They t-took everyone away and I c-couldn't do anything and you were a-alone" you say tearfully, waves of emotions cresting and breaking, drowning you. Not just the dream but everything, all the fear, confusion, and forced strength of the last 24 hours that you've been holding in overflows and pours out of you before you can stop it. Hot tears stream down your cheeks, soaking Jungkook's shirt.

You feel him soften, understanding seeming to dawn on him. Gently, he returns your embrace, wrapping his arms around you and laying his cheek on the top of your head.