24

Mi Young

Her name bounces around your mind, the only thought you have as you race for the door. You vaguely notice Minho shouting for you to stop, but you don't care. Yanking the door open, you're out in the hallway before the rest of the boys can even register what's happening. Feet pounding the ground, one after the other, you race into the cold darkness.

She's alive! How? Where has she been all this time?

Raindrops continue falling mercilessly, drenching you in seconds. You shiver, the icy air threatening to freeze your lungs. Cursing that you didn't think to grab your coat, you pause for a moment, trying to get your bearings. You squint through the sheeting rain, hoping to catch a glimpse of your friend. Just as you're about to take off again in the direction you last saw her, a hand wraps tightly around your arm, whipping you around. You shriek, yanking your arm away and stumbling backwards.

"Shhh! Have you lost your mind?? What do you think you're doing??" Despite being barely audible as the thundering storm snatches away his words, you can still hear the fury in Jungkook's voice, matching the fire raging in his dark eyes. His black hair is plastered to his head, but he seems unbothered by the freezing rain soaking him. He stands before you, chest heaving, looking at you as though you were insane.

"She's alive! I have to go get her." You turn to run again, worried about the amount of time you've lost. But he grabs you again, keeping you in place.

"Who's alive? What are you talking about?" He hisses.

You turn, ready to snap at him, irritation quickly rising in your chest. But what you see makes the words catch in your throat, eyes widening in horror.

Emerging from the black night, two zombies sprint directly towards you and Jungkook. With the storm raging around you, you didn't even hear or see them coming. But now they're here, right behind the man who's concentrated on you and your sudden departure.

Noticing the look on your face, he whips around, ducking as he does so, just barely missing the tattered hand taking a swing at him. He rolls to the side as you stumble back, fumbling around in your pockets, looking for a weapon that you know you didn't bring. Jungkook, however, is more prepared. He brandishes a knife, voice ringing out as he does so.

"Hey! Over here!"

The two beasts, who had just been coming at you, turn their attention to the ebony-haired man yelling at them. They snarl, baring their teeth as they lurch towards him. Jungkook braces himself, squaring off against the oncoming monsters, ready to take on two at a time with nothing but a knife.

"No!" You scream, a sudden fear surging through you. But before they can even reach him, two more figures appear from the darkness, racing towards Jungkook.

A blur of wood and a flash of silver.

Minho's bat caves in the side of the taller monster's head just as Taehyung buries his blade under the chin of the other beast. They both crumple to the ground, and somehow it's over in the blink of an eye, leaving the three men standing there panting as the rain cascades down on them. Blood seeps from the fallen creatures, diluted by the incessant water.

Trying to catch your breath, you glance around, making sure nothing else is coming your way. Your eyes land on five more figures running towards you, relief flooding you when you realize its only the boys. They all hold their weapons tightly, constantly scanning the darkness around them as they join you.

"What is going on?? Why are we all standing out here in the pouring rain? Lets get back inside!" Namjoon calls above the storm. Everyone nods in agreement, faces bewildered as they try to understand exactly why you all ended up out in the stormy night, totally exposed to the monsters lurking in the shadows. They turn, heading back towards the hotel.