A piercing, high-pitched scream erupts from the red-haired man standing next to you, shattering the heavy silence and causing you to nearly jump out of your skin.

"Hoseok what the f-" Yoongi starts, Jin smacking him before he can say anything more.

"Alright, everyone just remain calm" Namjoon says pointedly as grumbles ripple around the group, Hoseok apologizing profusely.

"Calm? How can we remain calm? There's some mysterious emergency alert, the building seems weirdly empty, and now the power is off." Jimin says, voice raising slightly as anxiety sets in.

"We don't know it's empty for sure, and the power outage could be anything. We shouldn't panic until we know what's going on" Namjoon says, desperately trying to assure the group as the stress of the situation begins to mount.

"So...what do we do now?" You ask, realizing with a start that you've all unconsciously huddled together, holding hands in an effort to steady your racing hearts. The darkness is oppressive, stifling you as you cling to Taehyung and Hoseok, who are standing on either side of you.

"Well I think the first thing we should do is find some light. We probably shouldn't use the flashlights on our phones if possible, since we don't know when we'll have power again. We don't want our phones all dying right away - we'll probably need them." Namjoon says confidently, and you can't help but marvel at his ability to calmly lead the group, especially in an unknown, tense situation.

"Wait, don't we have some candles in the break room? I think I just saw some in there." The deep voice next to you asks. Taehyung squeezes your hand, and you can hear the faint trace of hope in his question.

"That's right, we do! I just bought a couple different ones to have out in the break room." Jungkook replies quickly.

"Why did you buy a bunch of candles?" Jin asks, trying to keep the laughter out of his voice.

"What? I like the way they smell." Jungkook grumbles, and you can practically hear the pout in his voice as Jin snickers.

"Not the time, guys." Yoongi drawls.

"He's right - come on, let's go find those candles." Namjoon leads the way, everyone clutching each other tightly as you shuffle back into the room.

The room is pitch black, the darkness enveloping you completely. Your stomach drops as you look out the window and see that the power outage extends past your building. The windows of the surrounding buildings are dark, the street lights devoid of their usual glow. Even the stars are barely visible, hiding behind the clouds in the night sky. You swallow hard, trying to force down the rising fear in your chest. Taehyung still grips your hand tightly, standing by you as he silently peers out the window. Behind you, the rest of the boys shuffle around, looking for all of the candles and matches Jungkook bought.

Looking down, you are suddenly struck by the emptiness of the street, not even so much as a car passing by. Nothing. As if everyone simply vanished. "Where is everyone? Why aren't there any people in the street?" You ask no one in particular, voice unintentionally coming out as a whisper.

"Weren't you paying attention? The emergency alert said not to go outside." Jungkook says from across the room, and you can practically hear the eye-roll in his voice.