Present Day

You whip your head to the right, just in time to see the screeching creature launch itself at you. You pivot, quickly twisting your body away as the beast hurtles by you. But it's too fast.

It's tattered arm manages to catch your shoulder as you twist, toppling you over before you can even blink. Suddenly it's on you, jaws snapping as your arms strain to push the monster off of you. Help! Someone help me, please! Your mind screams, panic flooding your body, drowning you as you feel the earth trembling beneath the weight of the horde running straight for you.

Bang.

The beast goes limp, blood oozing from the fresh bullet wound in its skull. You shove with all your might, pushing the body off of you and rolling to your feet quickly. You look around wildly for the shooter, gasping as your eyes land on a familiar figure emerging from the darkness. He runs to you, slinging his rifle across his back as he does so.

"Come on y/n, we have to move - now" he says urgently, taking your hand and pulling you away as the horde breaks into your line of vision. Much, much too close.

A Few Months Ago

You sigh, combing your fingers through your hair in frustration. You know six languages, y/n, how could you be this dumb? You scold yourself, clicking on the keyboard in front of you repeatedly. You had been trying, and failing, for twenty minutes now to recover the password to your new work email, but kept running into problems. Your head thumps dully on the desk as you lay it down, groaning.

Engrossed completely in your problem, you don't even notice the door open.

"What's wrong?" A voice asks behind you.

You jump, spinning around quickly. Behind you stands the seven men who have occupied your mind since meeting them the day before. You smile happily as they all file in, squeezing into your small office and looking around.

"What's wrong, y/n-sshi? Why was your head on your desk?" Taehyung asks again, brows furrowed in concern.

"Oh, its not a big deal. Just having a hard time getting in to my work email and I was frustrated" you sigh.

Jungkook snorts, crossing his arms and looking at you as though you just said the dumbest thing he's ever heard.

"Your work email? How can you not get in to it? Didn't you just get it?" He says snidely.

"I didn't choose my own password. There was some sort of mistake, and I'm trying to fix it. I'm not great with computers, ok?" You glare at him, a twinge of annoyance shooting through you. You had hoped today would be a new start for you both, but clearly Jungkook wasn't ready to forgive you just yet.

"Yah Jungkookie, we can't all be as good with computers as you. Stop being so rude and help y/n-sshi out" Jin says pointedly, scolding the younger man.

Jungkook rolls his eyes, but walks over and takes a seat at your desk, looking at your computer. Hoping to avoid talking to the maknae, you turn to see what the others are doing. Namjoon and Taehyung are perusing your bookshelf, while Yoongi and Jin are looking at the various paintings you have hanging up. Jimin and Hoseok are busy looking at your pictures of your family and friends, Jimin excitedly pointing out your family dog. You beam, pleased with their interest in your small office. How can they actually be this wonderful? You think happily, heart swelling.

"Ok, you're good to go. You can get in to your email now" Jungkook says, standing up. You turn back to him. His face has softened somewhat, the sneer no longer present as he looks at you.