"Don't worry, y/n. I can take him." He turns his attention back to Kang, a clear taunt in his eyes. "You're such a big man, huh? Then why don't you come here and fight. No guns, no cronies, no hostages. Just you and me. If you think you can." He smirks, daring Kang to take the bait.

Kang chuckles lightly at first, slowly growing in to what can only be called maniacal laughter. You catch a glimpse of his eyes, seeing the wildness breaking through his careful self-constraints.

Jungkook touched a nerve. He questioned Kang's strength and ability.

In Kang's world, that's unforgivable.

He takes a slow, calculated step towards Jungkook. He pauses for a moment before tossing his gun to the side. The weapon thuds to the ground dully, lying half-submerged in the shimmering snow.

Kang's eyes narrow in disdain as they scan the boys behind Jungkook, still aiming their weapons at him.

"What happened to no cronies? I thought you wanted a fair fight?" Kang scoffs, shaking his head in mock disappointment.

Jungkook glances over his shoulder. He nods to the others, signaling for them to lower their weapons. They hesitate, clearly reluctant to drop their defenses against the maniac threatening their beloved maknae.

"It's ok, hyungs. Drop them." Jungkook says firmly. There's a collective sigh as they drop their guns, kicking them away. Yoongi grumbles as he sheaths his sword, glaring fiercely in Kang's direction.

Kang smirks in triumph.

"Now, I would like your guarantee that your cronies back there will not simply retrieve their weapons and shoot me when I beat you. Do I have your word?" He sneers, clearly showing how little he really values Jungkook's word.

"You have my word." Jungkook replies calmly, not rising to his taunt.

"Very good." Kang's lips stretch across his teeth, grinning horribly.

Everything is still for just a moment.

One breath escapes your lips.

Kang shatters the silence, lunging for Jungkook like a rapid dog. He flies across the snow, much faster than you would have anticipated, propelled by pure hatred for the boy who blew apart his kingdom. All of his careful composure vanishes, his true savagery appearing as he swings at Jungkook, who ducks quickly. He drops to the ground, rolling away from the madman.

Kang whips around, lurching at the black haired boy as he scrambles to his feet. Instead of dodging again, Jungkook takes Kang by surprise, launching forward to meet him. He tucks his body, ramming his shoulder into Kang's stomach, effectively knocking the wind out of him and sending them both crashing to the ground.

Kang heaves, trying desperately to catch his breath as he as he swings again, this time landing a blow. His balled-up fist collides with Jungkook's jaw, knocking him to the side. He recovers quickly, landing his own punch. Kang uses the momentum to swing to the side, kicking Jungkook as he does so. You hear the loud thud, and you can't help but gasp. Can't help the worry surging through you, raging uncontrollably.

Kang is a much better fighter than you had thought, or rather had hoped. He matches Jungkook's speed exactly. They both dodge and land blows in a seemingly endless rhythm, equally matched.

You chew your bottom lip, the helplessness of it all becoming more and more agonizing by the second.

A branch snaps somewhere nearby, pulling you out of your reverie. You quickly spot the source of the noise.

Kang's man, the one you slashed with your knife, emerges from the trees. He rushes for the two figures still fighting in the snowy clearing.

He raises something that glints, sending light bouncing in many directions.

A knife.

The very one you had lost before.

Your heart plummets as you realize that Jungkook has not yet noticed the appearance of the man, too engaged in the fight to see the danger he is in.

"Kook!!" you screech, hoping it will be enough to bring his attention to the man barreling towards him.

He lands another punch, his dark eyes finding yours. You point wildly to the man, but you're baffled when your eyes land back on him.

He's still as a statue, knife raised above his head, ready to bring down right on Jungkook. Yet he is inexplicably frozen in place.

It takes you only a moment to realize why.

You follow the long, steel blade with your eyes, all the way to where Yoongi stands. His sword is pressed to the man's throat, ready to slice if the man moves even an inch further.

"I wouldn't do that, if I were you." Yoongi hisses, so quietly you almost miss it. He turns his attention to Jungkook and Kang, who have momentarily paused in their fight to see what's going on.

"You agreed to no cronies, Kang. Yet here's your dog, about to win the fight for you." Yoongi spits, his words dripping with anger. "If that's how you're gonna play, I'll hop in too and end this very quickly."

Kang straightens, taking a few deep breaths. "I am sure he simply did not hear when we decided on the rules. Jae-Wook, drop the knife and back off. I will win this fight fair and square."

Jae-Wook obeys immediately, dropping the knife and carefully taking a few steps back, the only sound the crunching of snow underfoot. Yoongi sheaths his sword once more, taking his place back in line with the others. The air is tense, practically vibrating with fear.

Everyone holds their breath.

Kang returns his attention to the doe-eyed boy in front of him. Both now sport bloody lips and the beginnings of bruises. They square off once more.

"After you." Jungkook bows mockingly, brimming with bravado.

But you see how tired he is.

They resume their battle, still evenly matched. Punches fly and speckles of red dot the shining snow, more and more frequently as the fight continues.

Out of your peripheral, you notice a black object. Glancing over, your heart skips a beat.

Kang's gun.

In the chaos, you had completely forgotten the discarded weapon. It lies just out of your reach. You start carefully inching towards it, trying to make your movements look as natural as possible. Jungkook told the boys to drop their weapons, but he didn't say anything about you using a weapon, and you were not above exploiting that small loophole if it meant keeping him safe.

Just as you reach the gun, you glance back at the fight for a moment.

Your heart stalls.

As if in slow motion, you see Kang knocked to the ground, right where your knife now lies. He reaches for it, long fingers wrapping around the hilt.

In one fluid movement, you lunge down, hand wrapping around the cold metal.

"Kang!!" You yell, bringing the gun up and running forward. He whips around at the sound of your voice, giving you a clear target. You aim directly for his head.

In this moment, you don't care about "no cronies". You don't care about a fair fight. You don't care about the rules.

All you care about is keeping Jungkook and the others safe.

And as you look at the vicious man before you, you know that that will not be possible as long as he is alive.

He will hunt you and the others until he wipes you all out.

There's no other way.

Kang bares his teeth, anger flashing through his eyes.

"You wouldn't dare-"

His words are cut off by the sound of a gun being fired.

A/N
Really, really unedited.
I wrote this chapter WAY too quickly, so I'm sorry if it feels rushed. I didn't have nearly as much time as I would have liked to spend on this chapter, but I didn't want to keep you all waiting again. Thank you for your continued support! Don't forget to vote💜
-m.