Leaning on Taehyung's shoulder, you take a few deep breaths, drinking in the sight before you. Sunlight dances across the rolling hills, chasing away the darkness as the glistening snow is painted in swirling golds and reds.

With the steady rise of the sun comes the sound of the boys stirring behind you. A few yawn and stretch before turning to wake the others that hadn't woken up yet.

Amidst the yawns, you hear Jungkook's gruff voice call out.

"Y/n...y/n??" His voice is still raspy and laden with sleep, just hinted with confusion and slight panic.

Glancing over your shoulder, you stifle a laugh.

Jungkook sits up, looking around blearily, his eyes still partly closed. Half of his jet-black hair stands straight up, giving him the appearance of a disgruntled porcupine. He rubs his eyes and calls out for you again. Giggling, you stand up, pulling Taehyung with you.

"Kook! I'm over here." You smile at him, walking over to where he sits.

"Why did you leave? I was worried." He pouts, jutting his lower lip out and frowning at you. Chuckling, you reach down and ruffle his hair lightly.

"Couldn't sleep. I'm sorry I worried you." You reach out a hand to help him up. He takes it, mumbling something about not taking a zombie apocalypse seriously enough and wandering around carelessly in the middle of the night.

Gradually, all the boys get up and move towards the center of the barn where you all gather, blinking the sleep from their eyes.

"Everyone awake? Good. I believe we have a few granola bars left. Everyone take one and then we'll head out." Namjoon says, taking one bar out of his pack before passing it to Jin, standing next to him.

Everyone munches quietly on their granola bars, glancing around the desolate barn. It looks completely different in the day. Light streams dreamily through the wooden slats, illuminating the chipped and fading paint. Cobwebs cling to the rafters, telling just how long this barn has stood empty.

Behind you, the boys prepare to leave, pulling backpacks onto shoulders and grabbing weapons. You join them, feeling the smooth handle of your own knife clutched securely in your palm.

A hand rests on your shoulder, drawing your attention. Glancing over, you find Jungkook looking at you earnestly, brow furrowed as he searches your eyes.

You know exactly what he's looking for.

Memories of the night before flash through your mind, bringing the sharp twinge of pain with it as you remember your friend. You shake your head, pushing those thoughts aside before they overtake you again.

"Are you ok?" Jungkook asks softly, doe-eyes swimming with concern.

You pause for a moment, considering his question for a moment before quickly deciding that there was no point in lying.

"No, I'm not. But I will be." You smile lightly, covering his hand with your own. Knowing you didn't need to explain any further than that. Knowing that he already knows your thoughts like they're his own.

He nods and squeezes your shoulder gently in response. He turns his attention back to preparing to leave, leaning down and scooping his knife up from the ground beside where he slept.