2

You begin to worry that your face is permanently plastered with a wide-eyed, deer-in-headlights expression by the time you arrive at your new apartment building. Will I always be so in awe of this city? How is everyone walking around so casually, not even looking at the sea of magnificent buildings and sights all around them? you wonder to yourself. Hopping out of the taxi, you see Mi Young come running out of the apartment building. Before you even have the chance to turn around fully, she's crashing into you, enveloping you in what can only be described as a rib-crushing bear hug.

"Y/n-ah you made it! You're finally here! How was the train ride? Do you like the city so far? It's big right? Although hopefully it doesn't feel too big. Does it feel too big? I know our old town is so much smaller, it's crazy. I was really overwhelmed when I first got here, are you overwhelmed? Or are you excited? Or both? I can't wait to show you around! First, we have to go to-"

"Unni, you're crushing me" you choke out.

"Oh!" She gasps, releasing you from her bear-hold. "I'm so sorry! I am just so excited you're finally here - we've been talking about this for so long. Guess I don't know my own strength" she chuckles apologetically.

"No worries, I'm excited to see you too! Just maybe not in a rib-crushing sort of way" you tease her. "So, we are in the same building, right? Are we on the same floor?" You ask, looking up at the towering, steel building in front of you.

"Yes! You're actually only a couple of doors down from me! How great is that? Here, let me show you!" She squeals, taking one of your bags for you and running up the stairs. You chuckle, and follow her up with the rest of your luggage. After grabbing your key from the landlord, you take the elevator, riding all the way up to the 7th floor. Unlocking the door and stepping in, you gasp. "Wow! Everything is so clean and new!" You say in awe. "I can't believe my employer put me up here. This is amazing!" You continue gushing. Compared to your old house, this place feels like a palace.

Mi Young laughs, pleased at your reaction. "Right?? They are great employers. You're going to love working at Big Hit!" Mi Young also works for Big Hit, as a backup dancer. Even though she is in a different department, she has already agreed to show you around the new building.

Setting your luggage down, you both decide to head to dinner before unpacking. Slinging an arm across your shoulders as you walk through the door, Mi Young continues gushing over the city, your employers, and your arrival there.

"You're going to love it here, y/n-ah! I promise."

***

Mi Young brings you to one of her favorite dinner spots in the city, a charming little hole-in-the-wall place that exudes warmth and comfort. You sit at a table in the corner, chatting happily over dinner and drinks. You can feel your cheeks turning rosy as the drinks and laughter flow. All of the worries lingering in the back of your mind ebb away in the presence of your bubbly, light-hearted friend.

"So, y/n-ah. How are you feeling about your first day of work tomorrow?" She asks.

"Well I am over the moon about this opportunity, of course. But I can't help feeling a little nervous too." Mi Young nods understandingly, knowing exactly how you feel. After all, she was once in your exact position. You pause, wondering about anything and everything that could happen during your first day on the job. "Wait, will you be showing me where you dance as well?" You ask suddenly. She looks at you curiously. "Of course! That's my job. How could I not show you where I work?" You nod in response, a new level of nervousness rising in your chest. As if she can read your thoughts, Mi Young chuckles. "Why? Are you nervous about possibly running in to a certain someone? Or should I say, running into seven certain someones?" She teases, knowing about your interest in one of the groups under Big Hit's label: BTS.