Final

"I know exactly where we are."

You beam as you look at the others, seeing your own excitement mirrored on their faces, a few of them even audibly gasping at the news.

"You do??" Namjoon asks. Ever the practical leader, his voice can't hide his reluctance. He wants to believe you, but you all had been through too much for him to fully give in to hope.

Pointing to the horizon, you try to assuage his fears.

"There. You can just barely see it in the distance. That's the closest farm to my parents' house. I used to run over there and play with my friend Sun-Hee when we were kids. I know that farm by heart." Your hand drops to your side as you fully realize the implications of what you said.

"That means...my parents' house...its just over that hill.." you trail off, heart hammering wildly in your chest. So far, you had not allowed yourself to picture this moment, or a possible reunion with your parents. Suddenly, all of the excitement and hope you felt just moments ago vanishes into wisps of smoke, blowing away in the wind.

The all-too-familiar what ifs start to creep in. They cling and tear at you, overwhelming and unwelcome.

Somewhere far away, you hear the boys chattering excitedly, getting up and starting to move in the direction you pointed, paying no mind to your quick change in demeanor.

"What if-" you interrupt loudly, before you can stop yourself. The boys turn to look, puzzled by your sudden hesitancy. You take a deep, shaky breath, looking up to meet their curious eyes.

"What if my parents aren't there? Or worse, what if they've become..." you shake your head, unable to even speak the horrific possibility. "What if I've brought you all this way, risked everything, lost...lost Minho..and it was all for nothing?"

The boys exchange concerned glances, unsure of what to say. Their silence weighs down the very air, confirming your fears.

Jungkook steps forward, reaching out and gently taking your hand.

"Hyungs, go on ahead. We'll catch up." He says over his shoulder, eyes never leaving your face. Again, the boys exchange a few looks before reluctantly turning and heading towards the farm. Jungkook draws slow circles on your hand with his thumb, pausing for a moment to think before speaking.

"Y/n, I know its scary. I know there are so many unknowns, so many what ifs. But I also know how strong you really are. Just look how far we've come, how much we've survived. And so much of that is thanks to you." You furrow your brows, looking at him as though he had lost his mind. He chuckles at your expression, flicking your forehead playfully. "I'm serious! Think about it. When this started, we were trapped at work. We were too far from home, and you offered your apartment. When we ran out of supplies, you offered your parents farm. If not for you, we would probably still be trapped somewhere in the city, or worse. You even took out Boss Kang! You are more capable than you give yourself credit for." He smiles that big, bunny smile, the warmth of it radiating through you, slowly driving away your fears.

"We can't give up, not when we're at the finish line. And whatever may happen, we'll be ok. I know it. We'll face whatever comes our way, together, like we always have. Ok?" He grips your hand tighter, searching your eyes. You nod, a genuine smile breaking across your face. Somehow, his words always managed to reach into your heart and snatch all of your fear away.

"Ok. Thank you, Kookie. I really don't know what I would do without you." You squeeze his hand back, feeling as though the weight of the world had been lifted off of your shoulders. He wraps his arms around you, pulling you close. You hug him back, leaning your head on his chest and breathing in slowly. The moment hangs in the air between you, warm and radiant despite the frozen ground beneath you.