After a fitful night of sleep, full of hazy dreams of dark, accusing doe-eyes, you wake up to the sound of your alarm. Turning it off quickly, you sit up, yawning and stretching. Today is the day, you remember. Today is the day my dream begins. Feeling a mixture of both excitement and anxiety, you quickly get ready for the day. You run out the door, meeting up with Mi Young, who is waiting for you at the elevators.

Mi Young chats about the day ahead and everything she wants to show you, but you don't hear a word of it. Your mind keeps wandering back to those black eyes, so full of shock, embarrassment, and anger. Will he be there today? What do I do if I see him? Should I apologize again, or be quiet and hope that he has moved past it? Aish why did I have to watch my feet while I was walking, instead of looking ahead like a normal person? What if he hates me now?

"Y/n-ah, are you even listening to me?"

"Mmm?" Your eyes snap up to your friend, who is looking at you incredulously.

"Yah, you need to focus! You can't be spacing out on your first day. What's wrong? I thought you would be practically jumping up and down with excitement, but you've barely said a single word."

"Nothing, I'm fine! Just a little tired is all. Let's grab some coffee on the way - I'm sure that will wake me right up" you try weakly to convince her. She arches one eyebrow, clearly not buying it. To your surprise, she doesn't press it, but simply agrees to grabbing some coffee. You exhale in relief. She's right, you need to focus, y/n. Just forget about Jungkook. Don't let what happened last night ruin your first day at your dream job. You probably won't even see him anyways.

***

Coffee cup clenched tightly in your hand, you gaze up at the massive building in front of you. "This is it, y/n-ah. Your future is waiting for you. Are you ready?" says Mi Young in a deep, dramatic voice, extending her arm forward as though she were guiding you through a mountain pass. You roll your eyes, but laugh all the same at her efforts to lighten your mood. She holds the door open for you. You take a deep breathe, and step through.

The building is spectacular, not just because of its size, but also because of its pristine condition. Everything looks brand new. It is open and airy, the light pouring in from various windows all around, bouncing off the marble floors.

"It's so beautiful" you half-whisper, eyes wide.

"I know right? It's stunning in here. Come on, let me show you around!" Mi Young takes your arm, pulling you forward.

"Wait, should I go directly to my supervisor first? To let him know that I'm here?" You ask, heart sinking at the idea of not getting to explore this new place right away.

"No, I already talked to him, and he agreed that I should spend some time showing you around the building first!" She grins at you, continuing to drag you forward. At that, you happily speed up, matching your friend's pace as she begins her tour.

***

After about an hour of walking around, fawning over your new workplace, Mi Young, brimming with excitement, brings you to the practice rooms where she dances. You had seen pictures of them before, as well as videos of BTS practicing in them, but seeing them in person was surreal. Noticing the look on your face, Mi Young begins teasing you. "Ahh that's right, y/n-ah. You've probably seen these rooms a thousand times already. What was I thinking?" She then begins dancing, and you quickly recognize the Mic Drop choreography. "Yah, knock it off! I have not seen them a thousand times.." You mumble the last bit, cheeks turning slightly pink.

Suddenly, Mi Young freezes, eyes fixed on something behind you.

Uh oh.

"Hey, why did you stop? That was actually very good!" A deep voice speaks behind you.