12

You make it back in no time and with no incidents, opening the door and stepping through. The boys all jump up, looking at you expectantly, but you simply shake your head in response. Lowering your head and avoiding their eyes, you reach down and set your knife on the table, blinking back tears. Silently, Jungkook leans over and places the gun on the table, and a flash of red catches your eye. Startled, you look again, glimpsing his wounded arm. In all the chaos, you had completely forgotten his injury from your first encounter with a zombie. Claw marks stretch up his forearm, where fingernails grazed and broke the skin. Blood still leaks slowly from the torn flesh, staining his wrist and hand.

You gasp softly, an unknown emotion bubbling up in your chest. Instinctively, you reach out, gently taking his hand.

"Come with me" you say, turning and pulling him towards the bathroom. He doesn't argue, simply following you as you guide him down a hallway, eventually turning into the small bathroom. You turn on the water, opening a small closet as you wait for the water to warm up. Pulling out a small first aide kid, you turn back to him. He's watching you curiously, realization dawning as he spots the small box in your hands.

"You have a first aide kit?" He asks.

"My parents got it for me. They were really freaked out about me moving here, and I guess they thought it was a good idea for me to at least have this" you shrug. A stab of worry pierces your heart as you think of your parents.

You can't think of them now. You have to focus, y/n. Think about them later.

You shake your heard, clearing your thoughts as you open the first aide kit and begin rifling through the various objects inside. Glancing up, you see Jungkook, still watching you. Your gazes lock, and your heartbeat quickens inexplicably. Clearing your throat, you look away, checking the water, making sure it's warm but not too hot.

"Ok, put your arm in the water. It'll probably sting at first, but we need to clean it" you say matter-of-factly. Wordlessly, he obeys, slowly submerging his arm in the running water. A hiss escapes from between his gritted teeth, but he keeps his arm under. The water turns red, wiping away both the dried and fresh blood from his injury. When the water runs clear again, you turn it off, taking Junkook's arm and gently drying it with a clean towel. Working silently, you remove the towel and spread a thin layer of ointment.

The air is heavy, something you can't identify stirring between you and Jungkook, causing shivers to run up and down your spine. A blush creeps across your cheeks unbidden.

Why am I blushing? This man is so frustrating and he doesn't make sense. So why are my cheeks so hot? And why is my heart beating so fast?

No matter how badly you want to be done and out of this confusing environment, time stretches as you patch Jungkook up. It feels as though you have spent an eternity in this bathroom. You avoid those cavernous, dark eyes as you finally finish up, securing the bandages now snuggly wrapped around his arm. He has not said a word, still simply watching you.

"Ok well...that's it. It should be ok, as long as we keep washing it and changing the bandages. I'm sorry it took so long to take care of it. I'm going to go back and check on the others" you say, voice coming out much squeakier than you intended. Before he can say anything, you turn, scurrying out the door.

Back out in the safety of the hallway, you collapse against the nearest wall, leaning your head back and exhaling. Placing your hands on your cheeks, you try desperately to cool them down.

Hearing the doorknob to the bathroom jiggle, you jump, quickly hurrying away, heading for the safety of the living room. Emerging from the hall, the boys spot you and abruptly stop talking. You look around, curiosity brimming.